Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-12-2001, 07:24 PM   #1
jaylie
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback

so much for waiting for the next Vmax. . .

hey, am i the first post?!
jaylie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2001, 07:37 PM   #2
Dryfly
Registered Member

Harley finally made a bike that will bring me to the fold. I'd change a few things, but all in all I think it's a pretty good effort. I may have to park my Hellcat and try a newer more refined version. It will be interesting to see how the loyalists react to a bike that will finally go head to head with some of the best technology on the market (Jap bikes).
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 07:37 PM   #3
max-9
Founding Member

well it looks like things have come full circle and i like it, but if a jap cruiser is an imitation of a harley ,what is it when harley imitates the jap cruisers imitation of an american cruiser but uses a motor designed by germans .and who will wave to the owner of this bike? this could lead to some problems , like the porsche 944 being water cooled was never accepted by "true" porsche owners. but who cares the bike looks kinda cool. but lets make sure to play the harley davidson dealer game ,ya know the factory lists for $16,999 but sells for $21,999 because they hold their value and theyre made in the usa ,and theyre really hard to get, let me tell you youre a sucker if you pay more than list for anything .tell harley to play with real numbers or youll buy a real jap bike , not their imitation.
max-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 07:48 PM   #4
MC
Founding Member

Well I would check out the videos.... if any where available.

No QA processes in place at MO?
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 07:58 PM   #5
minime
Founding Member

The "Videos!" link at the bottom of the story -- below reader feedback -- takes you to:

http://news.motorcycle.com/videos.motml

The top three videos there are of the V-Rod.

http://news.motorcycle.com/download....ydown=1&did=67

http://news.motorcycle.com/download....ydown=1&did=66

http://news.motorcycle.com/download....ydown=1&did=65

minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:38 PM   #6
k1554
Founding Member

Default video 65 and 66 is dead!!

k1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:43 PM   #7
wheat
Founding Member

Nope, none of the video links work for me.
wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:57 PM   #8
ERUPTION
Founding Member

Default Hmm..

I guess Harley Davidson has created a better Japanese-style motorcycle than anybody else. The "War of the Worlds" inspired gauge cluster is a nice touch.

Yet, I remember reading how Honda had to go with a SHAFT final drive for their VTX... because they "couldn't find a belt to handle all of that tourque & power". Harley seems to be demonstrating superiority.. in belts.

ERUPTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 09:10 PM   #9
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Fantastic!

What a great looking, great sounding, (and from what you say) great performing motorcycle. There is little in this world better, at least to myself, than seeing the newest, fastest, most innovative, etc, etc, motorcycles available. I'm sure Harley-Davidson already has all 11,000 sold at the time of my posting. I just hope the don't get in the way of me ordering the new Buell Firebolt.

I have NEVER seen anyone ride the twisties like that with the kicked out riding position...it just doesn't look possible in the videos. It shouldn't BE possible at all, according to Newton, but it is. Sheesh.

I would also like to thank you guys for staying honest. Minime, I think you made the right decision, not just ethically but from a business standpoint as well. Let it be known that honor, respect, etiquitte, and politeness are very important to some of us. I will not be reading MCN again. Besides, their site layout sucks.

By the way, I can see you smiling behind that tinted screen in Video One, thinking in a sing-song 2nd grade playground voice, "I've got something you don't got!"

Thank you again,

The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 09:20 PM   #10
minime
Founding Member

I'll get HackFu on it right now. Thanks!
minime is offline   Reply With Quote