Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-13-2001, 08:31 AM   #61
MG57
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback

I really have only one thing to say regarding this bike. It's no FJR1300. Now there's a real motorcycle!

I think the time has come for all manufacturers other than Yamaha, of course, to give up and let this one perfect model be mankind's statment on the art and science of m'cycle design and execution. We have reached the pinnacle and there is no need to continue to muddy the marketplace in the face of perfection.

Long live the FJR1300!
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2001, 08:37 AM   #62
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Trying to come up with a complete reaction to this is difficult.

For what it's worth, I think I have to rate this bike as 'interesting' instead of 'desirable.' Seeing it for the first time will be a big thing. My fondness for the Motor Company still rests with the 'traditional' models, however: Road Kings, Low Riders, even and especially the "girl-bike" Sportsters (hardly a girl bike; the 883 is neck-and-neck with the SV650 on my shopping list).

The NY HOG festival is in town this weekend, and as we're swamped by the chrome-and-concho brigade I have doubts about how the faithful will take to the V-Rod (which sounds too much like a Yamaha name, anyway). I hope it's a great success, I hope it leads to more and better things, but I hope also that it doesn't debase the classics too much, or eliminate them too soon.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 08:40 AM   #63
MG57
Founding Member

In all seriousness, this bike has one fatal flaw, that being the fuel capacity/range. I would *never* own a bike that made me stop for gas every 100 miles.
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 08:41 AM   #64
BuellBoy
Founding Member

Dude, if you think this thing looks like a BMW, I STRONGLY urge you to log off of your computer and make an appointment with your ophthamologist IMMEDIATELY before you go COMPLETELY blind...
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 08:44 AM   #65
thumper125
Founding Member

Homegrown!?! I thought porsche was deeply involved and thats german.Hope it doesnt bomb among the purists.(porsche's own watercooled engined car did!)
thumper125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 09:09 AM   #66
wwalkersd
Founding Member

No saddle bags, but according to the listing on Harley's web site, you can get three models of saddle bags and two different windshields.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 09:17 AM   #67
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Ooops, meant to say "No fairing". That'll teach me to use the "Preview" button instead of the "Ok!" button!
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 09:21 AM   #68
bubster2
Founding Member

Until this year HD engineers had absolutely nothing, I repeat nothing to do with the VR program above the first initial design many years ago. Steve Schibe refused any help. He chased engineers and company management away from the pits during his period in the drivers seat. Perhaps that's why it never progressed over the years? It's a wonder it took so long to take the program away from him.
bubster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 09:22 AM   #69
john
Founding Member

Holy !!!! they should call the Harley Superhawk with a range like that.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:30 AM   #70
Capt_Kawi
Founding Member

Yuppie Head...had a nice ring to it! Good one!

(Kawi's long gone)
Capt_Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote