Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-13-2001, 05:27 AM   #41
ACE1100rider
Founding Member

Default Re: It's no Magna

Actually, the V65 Magna was a V-four. The fact that H-D's new V-twin makes 115 hp is very impressive. Also, the Magna handles like crap. Great bike though...in fact, I own one. Let's give credit where it's due. Congrats to Harley on a fantastic new bike.

And by the way metric riders are guilty of fanning the flames of ignorance as well. I have never experienced prejudice and negative comments as much as when I bought my Buell! My metric bike owning friends were a lot worse than any H-D owner ever was. There are A-holes riding all brands and types.
ACE1100rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2001, 05:33 AM   #42
SVSMT
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback

I am 40 years old and have owned a dozen sportbikes in the last 15 years. The sportbikes I have most enjoyed are the V-Twins. I always wished for a high detail, jewel like finish on these bikes, to make them a "keeper". I've looked at the Buells, but when I test rode one it shed some parts, and although it handles well, the engines power band was too narrow. The finish was below the Japanese bikes. I like the looks of this new Harley, but wish the ergonomics were more standard like, as they are on the Victory Sport. Harley should have used 4 valve heads, and a real inverted fork. This bike has the finish to make it a "keeper". This bike is a real surprise, and a good first effort. I'm sure, in time , a "Sport" model of this bike will come along that I WILL buy. Come on HD, try to keep the prices on these things within reason! 16+ thousand dollars is too much! My 2 cents...Thanks
SVSMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:36 AM   #43
DaveZX6
Founding Member

Congrats to Harley. They built the bike that Yamaha's Royal Star should have been. Let's hope for a new VMAX.
DaveZX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:39 AM   #44
BuellBoy
Founding Member

Default Re: Hmm..

FWIW: The 1,200 lbs, 350 hp, 250 ft/lbs torque Boss Hoss uses a belt drive, not a shaft or chain. Makes Honda's claim seem a bit self-serving, doesn't it?
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:43 AM   #45
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: Diversity is the spice of life

You have heard it before "If I have to explain it...."

Why not just say I hate Harleys and save bandwidth? It is clear you don't understand why some person will pay in upwards of $5k over MSRP for antiquated technology. But many people do. Not every one likes to ride really fast or ride really hunched over. Some people believe Harleys stop fine for their riding style. And some people love vibration, ask any woman who has ever rode on the fender of my Troublehead at 50 mph for at least 10 minutes.

Me, I enjoy a little of everything from my VFR to my old Troublehead. Enjoy a Harley for what it is don't criticize it for what it lacks. There are plenty of other motorcycles to fill the garage if you want to enjoy other riding styles.

Always remember that you can never criticize someone for buying a product that you think is too much money. Some people have a lot of money, which gives them several choices.
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:43 AM   #46
BuellBoy
Founding Member

Hear Hear!! That motor is an absolute WASTE in a cruiser! Let Erik show the rest of the Motor Company (as well as the rest of the WORLD) how it's SUPPOSED to be done!!
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:48 AM   #47
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: Agreed

agreed, A-holes ride all brands.

Dude if you are so worried about getting waved at take a cruise.

If Harley has not done anything in 30 years how do you explain their sales and the company's financial success?
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:49 AM   #48
bigjames
Premium Member

Saddle bags, I want one with saddle bags and a nice tasty sport-touring fairing.

And to you luddites living on with your obsolete notions of Harleys, they don't leak oil, have not for about 20 years. I know, I have a high milage FLHS, no spots, no drips. Harely just out Harleyed the competition, again. Why am I not suprised.

Dresser version by 2003 please...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:53 AM   #49
ACE1100rider
Founding Member

Default Re: 4-valve heads

Actually, the V-Rod DOES use 4-valve heads...FYI
ACE1100rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:57 AM   #50
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

Well, no, the chaps and concho set won't like this bike. But that's irrelevant. They haven't stopped buying Harleys just because they sell a girl's bike (Sportster) or because they sell "sportbikes" (Buells). So why would they abandon the Motor Company just because HD is building something that looks like it was built more recently than 1962 and can out run an inebriated rabbit?
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote