Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-13-2001, 03:05 AM   #21
moose
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback

great! more fluids to drip behind on the way to neighbouring watering hole.
moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2001, 03:05 AM   #22
LeanAngle
Founding Member

Total hack journalism. Typical.

Did you just rewrite the press release?

Or did you have your tongue firmly implanted in the HD guys while they wrote it for you?

Here's the gist: Oh my! HD has made a liquid cooled v-twin that make a whole bunch of HP handles like an R1, and only costs $17k!

The fact that this company:

A. Finally caught up with 20th Century technology should not be applauded; it is disgraceful. This company always lags behind in engineering of its machines. People who purchase them get poorer handling, poorer build quality and poorer acceleration than bikes that cost half as much. They couldn't even do the engine R&D in house! This ain't Triumph, they have serious cash flow.

B. Can't seem to get the same quality out of their racebike that has been on the circuit for how many years now.

C. Have a 14 year old pen their bikes for them.

This is the 'Great American Company'? The only thing great about it is that people have a misplaced sense of pride that allows them to pay over $5k over MSRP. But that makes it worth it because they have resale value!
LeanAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:27 AM   #23
DrDeath
Founding Member

"The VR does many things well and manages capture the joy of motorcycling more than any other product the motor company has produced in its 99-year history." This is the kind of bike that Harley has ridiculed the Japanese for building years ago. Nice to see Harley is at least trying to build a better product. Now if they would have traveled a little farther east , some real results may have happened. Things are getting to confusing....is this an imatation of a Japanese imatation of a Harley?

DrDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:30 AM   #24
Haru
Founding Member

lets see that motor in a Buell!
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:36 AM   #25
fwalters
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback, Great Story!

Well, you guys might have got scooped, but your story is much better than the motorcyclenews.com piece. And videos too! Fantastic!
fwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:47 AM   #26
SomeNYCGuy
Founding Member

Awesome bike! Not that I could ever afford one, but it's good to see Harley make some real changes, and not give up heritage air-cooled line. I couldn't help but draw similarities between this bike, and my VMax, especially with the fake gas tank. Of course, that is just human nature and me defending my own ride.

While I always thought they were 'nice', the big twins were always to big and slow for me, and the sportster just had a bad rep as a girls bike (only a bad rep if you aren't a girl).

I think HD did it perfect. I just wonder now that this thing is so friggin' pretty, what will the customizers do?

A big thumbs up to HD!
SomeNYCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:54 AM   #27
ACE1100rider
Founding Member

Default Re: Welcome to Century 21!

All I can say is BRAVO Harley-Davidson! The V-Rod is a masterpiece. It is better than anyone could have expected from H-D, or any other manufacturer for that matter.

I can't wait to see that engine in a Buell!
ACE1100rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 04:13 AM   #28
gary
Founding Member

Default Re: Welcome to Century 21!

I'm gonna get the new Yamaha Warrior, the Harley just doesn't do it for me!!!! Sorry, Harley.....
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 04:58 AM   #29
Hendrik
Founding Member

Default Re: Hmm..

In articles I read it said it was the torgue Honda's VTX produced that forced the shaft drive. Honda produces over 100 ft/lbs of the stuff where the Harley V-Rod generates mid 70's.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 05:03 AM   #30
boxjoint
Founding Member

The bike looks great and sounds like an American reply to the V-Max (10years in the waiting of course!). It's good to see this motor co. cater to a wider spectrum of audience.

BTW. Didn't Harley offically address the probelem of the dealers over charging for their bikes a few years ago??? I remember reading that some where in a print mag(Cycle world??).
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote