Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-17-2001, 05:23 PM   #211
mj
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley - Kicking butt again!!!!!!!!

Harley Kicking Butt ----- you must be dreaming.

this V rod just makes it to the back of the line of the really FAST bikes that you can buy for a lot less money. plus they couldn't do it on their own but needed help from Germany.
mj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2001, 01:11 AM   #212
muskysecretsquirrel
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback

A bit rash arn't we? How do you know that it's going to look so crappy with accessories attached? Personnally, I don't think it looks like every other "sportcruiser". It doesn't look like the "Warrior" (pushrods and no radiator); it doesn't look like the the VTX (the minimalist gas tank ensures that and the VTX has that massive single exhaust can). The Kracker "Mean Streak" looks more like a Shadow Sabre. So you are way off on that assesment. BTW, I think that Victory headed in the right direction with the VSC92; I only wish they would give that bike 100+ bhp and then they would definitely be in the hunt.

This thing is not designed to compete with a 600cc crotch-rocket, this things got the power to allow you to pass other vehicles without having to downshift two gears and without having to pray that you have several seconds to go from 40 to 60 mph or from 60 to 80 mph. Although I like Suzukis a great deal, my first streetbike was a Suzuki, the LC1500 just doesn't have the kahunas to make quick vehicle passess, not to mention the fact that it is softly sprung and the brakes arn't the absolute greatest in the world.

How do you know this thing is not comfortable? Have you ever sat on one? I expect this thing is going to rock! It has a heart that has been designed and developed by a little company from Stuttgart. I'm reserving my final judgment until I see how well it stops, runs, and spends, but I've got a premonition that this thing is going to "revolutionalise" (sp?), no pun intended, the cruiser industry.
muskysecretsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 01:32 AM   #213
moose
Founding Member

Default Re: mr. Canadian hero (saved lives w/ your open pipes?)

hey guy:

i'm actually not resentfull of american made cast iron. i just find harleys funny, as far as a machine goes.

resentful of what anyway?
moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 02:04 AM   #214
Carlton
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback/FJR

Yeah, I though it was hilarious. I realize that I've been..ah..a bit of a pain recently on various sites, and especially to Yamaha (I think they've taken out a contract on me...). Now we just sit back and wait, and see if we did any good.

Still chuckling from your post,

Carlton
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 03:32 AM   #215
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Re: It

I've found that the V65 magna is a much better handling bike than most people think-switch to radial tires and beefier springs and you might be pleasantly surprised.

But lets give credit where credit is due: it was the Maxims, the Magnas, the Maduras and the V-Maxs that spawned the "power cruiser" class in the early 80's. All highly capable bikes for the times, and more than competetive performance-wise with current cruisers of any type. The irony is that these were all v4 engines...wasn't HD working on a v4 with porche back then as well? Thought so...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 03:59 AM   #216
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Yup, I agree with your first comment.

All new bikes should be powered by 50cc fourstroke engines so we don't hurt ourselves.
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 07:04 AM   #217
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod "Melonhead"

How about "Leakster"?

Old 07-18-2001, 07:36 AM   #218
Jerry-Rigged
Founding Member

I have only seen pictures of the V-Rod, but my initial impression is that it's ugly. What is the deal with the exposed frame? It looks like a tank humper. I admit I am not a HD fan, but their air cooled bikes look ok. This thing is not attractive at all.
Jerry-Rigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 08:02 AM   #219
Jerry-Rigged
Founding Member

Default Re: It

I agree, I think the V65 Magna handles fine, and they are great looking. I am not impressed with the looks of this V-Rod. It looks like a BMW cruiser, which IMHO is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. What is the deal with the exposed frame, and those WHEELS?
Old 07-18-2001, 09:53 AM   #220
Jerry-Rigged
Founding Member

Or a $3,000 V65 Magna!