Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-16-2001, 05:12 AM   #171
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback

Saw the pics, waiting on a real bagger! Also waiting for some nice tasteful color keyed plastic as opposed to the very nice, but expensive anodized aluminium!
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2001, 06:33 AM   #172
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Sure hope it proves to be reliable. If it isn't, then it will be greeted with choruses of "I told you so" and all kinds of Monday-morning quarterbacking about bringing in a car company to help develop a motorcycle.

If it is reliable, and performs as advertised, then it is officially the coolest thing since dry ice.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 06:42 AM   #173
MG57
Founding Member

Default Re: Get a life already...

Yes, all ice cream should be vanilla, and all HS graduates should be required to recognize *sarcasm*.
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 06:43 AM   #174
moose
Founding Member

Default Re: mr. Canadian hero (saved lives w/ your open pipes?)

let me reply to your scientific & intelligent statement.

under the beautiful, curvacious, precision-molded plastic panels on my highly-efficient, extremely capable, techno-wonder Japanese sport bike, there have never been any "drips" or "drabs" of any sort for the last 2 years i've owned the bike, even after hard thrashing at the race track.

you should not try that.

spare me your resentment for anything Japanese. that's prejudice.
moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 06:58 AM   #175
MG57
Founding Member

Default Re: Huh? HUH?

I suppose if you determine range via calculator, you might be right, but if you actually ride in three dimensions you're unlikely to ride more than 120 miles between stops.

3.2 gallons useable (assumes you won't run tank dry) X 42 mpg (mid way between HD's "city/Hwy" figures - probably optimistic anyway, if you actually have a good time) = 128 miles.

Therefore, I stand by my previous statement. If you ride any distance, this is a fatal flaw.
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 07:42 AM   #176
CDN-Hero
Founding Member

Silent Grey Fellow, UL, Hydra-Glide, Dual Glide, FLH, Electra Glide, Sportster, Roadster, Springer, Dyna, Softail, RoadKing, Road Glide, Fat Boy, Heritage, I know I've missed a few but I don't see a recurring "V" designation in any name, do you? My comment was about the name "V-Rod", it sounds like it should be in Yamaha's line up as they like to call stuff "V" including a snowmobile that had an inline 3 cylinder. Go figure. Please read a little slower next time so that you may absorb the information presented.
CDN-Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 07:44 AM   #177
Ziffel
Founding Member

Default Re: Huh? HUH?

My '93 883 had the old 2.2 gallon tank, so, yeah, you had to stop at least after every 100 miles or so for fuel. Got 55 or so mpg, anyway. On the other hand, it was a Sportster, so you HAD to stop every 100 miles or so just to get feeling back in your hands, butt, and any other part that may have been in contact with it. So the range wasn't really an issue. If you do a lot of droning along the highways, you don't want a Sportster, anyway. Trust me.
Ziffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 08:16 AM   #178
Grover
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley - Kicking butt again!!!!!!!!

Interesting, because like I said elsewhere, the V-Rod is a metric bike. Fasteners, dimensions, it's all metric.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 09:26 AM   #179
tbuse
Founding Member

There isn't a lot Harley can do to make their dealers sell for MSRP. To require them to sell for a set price violates anti-trust laws. That's why it is Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 11:15 AM   #180
Carlton
Founding Member

RAOFLMHO! That's supposed to be my line MG!! Jeez, you guys crack me up...

Carlton
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote