Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-13-2001, 11:48 AM   #91
CDN-Hero
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh Please!

Just because "Loyalist" like me don't change motorcycle brands every time something new or "better?" comes around doesn't mean I ride an inferior machine. I understand how guys like you want to ridicule people for an appreciation of a machine that goes beyond the latest specification sheet. After all it's easy to appreciate the newest latest thing-a-ma-bob initially but after a short time your thing-a-ma-bob becomes yesterday's news and there is something else to rave about and remark how this "consumer product" will improve the company porfolio and will revolutionize the industry.

Sorry Bro, I may not hang out with Sonny B. but at least I'm loyal to who and what I do hang with. My appreciation for my bike, after many hard and enjoyable miles, will not diminish because of a newer, shinier piece of chrome in the dealer's showroom. And if you can't appreciate that then I guess I'm destined to ride what I ride and you with yours.
CDN-Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2001, 12:00 PM   #92
nebo
Founding Member

Default Re: Bend over and be counted

Bravo! I have 1 Bandit and $10,000 in the bank. 10 years from now my Bandit will be worth almost nothing- But the $10,00 I invested will buy me 3 more Bandits or most any other reasonably priced bike. Heck I might even buy Harley stock to get my riches...
Old 07-13-2001, 12:00 PM   #93
CDN-Hero
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod Reader Feedback

Maybe I have a more colourful imagination than most but I do think this bike is a direct, head on, no BS attack on(aka. I'll take my styling ques from) the R1200C. Yes BMW has a different way of doing things, just like Harley used to, but that's what stands out about the R1200C. This V-Rod is... Hey I just noticed the name is obviously stolen from Yamaha! V-Star, V-Rod, man Willie G. couldn't come up with anything original on this machine.
Old 07-13-2001, 12:01 PM   #94
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default It's gotta be the tires...

In some photos (elsewhere) it would appear that the tires mounted are D207s. Am I blind? 18 and 19in sport tires? Could someone who has seen them confirm this? Perhaps some other bikes could benefit from this revolution.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 12:07 PM   #95
CDN-Hero
Founding Member

Sportster: Quckest Harley in fleet, highest center of gravity, best power to weight ratio bike they make and one of the toughest machines to learn to ride on in the world. Any chick that can ride a Sportster can ride anything. You called it right, "Girls bike" NOT.

Old 07-13-2001, 12:12 PM   #96
CDN-Hero
Founding Member

This bike is designed to never leave the owner's garage except for when "James" the butler washes and waxes it or when the owner's finance broker comes over and after a few Hinekins they drive it around fountain in the center of the driveway. Any bigger fuel tank and the gas will rot for sure. Agh ha ha ha....
Old 07-13-2001, 12:12 PM   #97
CDN-Hero
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley V-Rod "Melonhead"

I still like Yuppie Head!
Old 07-13-2001, 12:22 PM   #98
JoeSquid
Founding Member

Default Re: Still an air cooled harley - too bad!

Nice looking bike - they finally got rid of the cojoined twin looking airbox. I like the idea of the fluid reservoirs in the frame.........yet I can't help but wonder if the kids in Washington D.C. may have something to say about that. 21 degree head angle? Wow, it'll turn on a dime and give back two nicklels. I hope that high speed wobbles aren't part of the deal. Just my lame two cents.......
JoeSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 12:23 PM   #99
CDN-Hero
Founding Member

Anyone else find this name "V-Rod" a little scary? It's obviously stolen right from Yamaha! The V-Star, V-Max. Man what was Willie G. thinking? Or rather not thinking. What will Yamaha call it's next bike the Sportster-Star? A tit for tat kinda thing?

Last I heard by the way, seems actually it was right on these same web pages a few months ago, the VR1000 project was dead, funny this V-Rod engine looks a lot like it.
Old 07-13-2001, 12:24 PM   #100
lazy1
Founding Member

but my point was that they won't buy this bike and i hope HD isn't thinking about dropping the old air cooled motor for this one.
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote