Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-28-2001, 01:38 PM   #1
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZRX1200S Reader Feedback

I don't get it with the fairing. Without the fairing it rocks. It's a naked standard, so the dual shocks are cool. But if you want a sport toury thing with fairing and fairing mounted mirrors, why would you want a dual shock bike? Maybe someone would, but I don't get it.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2001, 01:56 PM   #2
SlowDude
Registered Member

I think its about wind protection. When I was looking at this class of bikes last year, I looked long and hard at the zrx1200. It was more comfortable than the bandit on the showroom floor but I didn't think I would like the motocross fairing long term. I bought the bandit because I commute to work at 70-80 for two hours per day and I don't want popeye forearms.

One thing about the dual shocks is the huge "trunk" under the seat. Useful storage is a rare commodity in todays bikes.
SlowDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 02:14 PM   #3
uncleron
Founding Member

It's nice to see Kawasaki recycling THEIR old designs, after they blatently stole bike designs from Harley, Indian, and BSA.
uncleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 02:21 PM   #4
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Hey MO,

Any possiblity of throwing this bike in with the FZ-1/Bandit 1200 comparison?
Old 06-28-2001, 02:24 PM   #5
CBR1000F
Founding Member

In a way you're right... it's part of the reason I like the FZ-1 better. The fairing doesn't seem to fit with the dual-shock rear end on that thing, but on the other hand, to each his/her own.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:51 PM   #6
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

What's up with the fake British accent, anyway? Zed this, tea tray that, I mean, really. What's next, a run to the pub to knock back some Newkies?

(For those that have never picked up a copy of "Bike": ZZ-R1100 [that'd be "Zed-Zed-Arrrr-1100"] equals ZX-11.)

I think the return to a sort of simplicity and ridability is a great thing. Sportbikes are forcing themselves into a sort of needle's point of pure performance that's at odds with normal riding, cruisers are often more costume jewelry for the owner than a form of transportation; the market needs to have real, attractive choices beyond these two channels. The ZRX-12 is wonderful in this respect; so are the SV650 and the Falco. I wish more manufacturers would have the guts to play to the middle, even if the advertising isn't as sexy.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 03:36 PM   #7
alanheng
Founding Member

I, personally, have no problems with Kawi ripping of American bikes on their designs.

If it's the look of an American bike that I like, but at several thousand dollars less (and better reliability), then I'm all for it.

If American bikes are that great, they won't have to worry about Japanese competition (and they don't). But for me, I HAVE to listen to my wallet more than my heart.

alanheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 03:40 PM   #8
DialedIN
Founding Member

The Artical mentioned that it is avalible worldwide in three forms ( I believe it was in a picture caption) Well I guess the United States of America just isn't considered part of the world...I'm still trying to figure out why MO prints a test on a Kawasaki, the first one in a long time besides the KLR650, and its a version of the bike that we can't even get in the states!!! I know Kawasaki is letting other on line print test thier USA bikes. coughMotorcycle DailyCough
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 03:44 PM   #9
Kevin38
Founding Member

well,

If they dont change the Concours for 2002 I guess I'll have to go look this one over.....

I dont want 2 Connies in the Garage......It would be redundant!
Kevin38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 04:16 PM   #10
wheat
Founding Member

It's a beast and a beautiful machine.

The only two things that tilted me towards another bike (FZ-1) were the (lack of) fairing and no center stand.

Bring the S model to the states, flip the swingarm over so the brace doesn't prevent mounting a centerstand, and walla, perfect bike!
wheat is offline   Reply With Quote