Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-30-2001, 07:11 AM   #71
chadhargis
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZRX1200S Reader Feedback

I am in LOVE. It is the big brother to my ZR-7S! The faring looks almost identical. I love the look of a nice sportsbike, but at 6'5" I look like I am mating with a turtle when I am leaned over the tank with my neck cranked way back. I will do my riding BOLT upright thank you. Especially since a great deal of my riding is in traffic, not out on a deserted highway.

I am glad that "standard" bikes are making a comeback. Maybe all those guys who bought sportbikes back in the 80's are getting tired of paying doctors to remedy their sore butts, backs, and necks. Not to mention the crank job you have to do to your knees to get your feel WAY back on those sportbike pegs. Hey, I don't want a cruiser, but I do want something I can ride for hours instead of ride, stop, ride, stop. My bike has a nice 5.8 gallon fuel tank on it which gives me over 250 miles out of a tank. My friends sportbike has a 3 gallon tank, and he only gets about 25 miles to the gallon...HA! I rather enjoy passing him while he is gassing it up and rubbing his sore behind.

Kudos to Kawasaki for making another fine standard and not putting their development dollars into tweaking another half a horsepower out of the Ninja line.

chadhargis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #72
redcld
Founding Member

This is one sweet well manored beast.... Its smooth, fast, eye catching.... Although it is not full faired, it has enough technical innovations to intrigue even me... I purchased my ZRX1200R version in early august, and ride it any chance I get.... I have approx. 1149 miles on it, it makes my 1984 Honda CB900 super sport seem like an overweight hippo...

The only thing I miss, is a centerstand... I purchased a Lockhart rear stand for the bike, but am still trying to figure out how to put it on the stand, without an army of helpers... Anyone have any ideas??? I am still trying to find some more minuses for the bike but can't... I Love this machine!!!!
redcld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 04:24 PM   #73
redcld
Founding Member

Maybe you should think of an Automobile...This is still a wind in your face sport.... Or maybe I am just old fashion...
redcld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 12:55 PM   #74
xsquirrelykid
Founding Member

Exactly! Kawasaki seems to be destined to staying the smallest of the Japanese Manafacturers what with not paying attention to market demands and such a small model lineup. The only reason I don't own this great bike already is because I can't get the thing with a proper fairing. I just can't bring myself to purchase the bike with that Lawson ashcan strapped to the front. Maybe it's just me but I feel like were Japan's bastard child and Europe is the favorite son when I compare model differences. Oh well....just thought I'd snivel a little.
xsquirrelykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 01:31 PM   #75
markszrz
Founding Member

Buy the Zero Gravity fairing extension. I did and it works really well.
markszrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 02:55 PM   #76
66_Bonnie_Lover
Founding Member

Is it possible to easily buy / fit the 's' version's fairing to the 'r' version sold in the US ?
66_Bonnie_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:06 AM   #77
voyseyg
Founding Member

Who's stealing the review, them or MO. CHeck this link. DIfferent mag same review...

http://www.motorbikestoday.com/revie...s/ZRX1200S.htm

\"...and as I shifted into 3rd I couldn\'t remember a word she said.\"
voyseyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 12:39 PM   #78
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey there are ones that get it

I did test drive a BMW K1200RS for about 25 minutes, also test drove the Aprilla Futura and rode with the test drive group with my ZRX1200.

In no way can the BMW be compared with the ZRX. The BMW is nice, for what it is, but I was pushing the BMW to its limits just to keep up with the Futuras who were not pushing it that hard.

When I rode my ZRX with the group I was able to easily leave the BMW in the corners and lose the BMW in the straights.