Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-03-2001, 07:31 AM   #61
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZRX1200S Reader Feedback

If I win the Powerball lottery tomorrow, I'll buy one the day after.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2001, 07:58 AM   #62
CBR1000F
Founding Member

If you win the powerball lotto, will you buy us ALL one?
Old 07-03-2001, 09:18 AM   #63
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default No, but I will donate to MO. (n/t)

NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 03:19 PM   #64
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default 16 hours

16 hours can be comfortable on a bike, and getting used to doing 1000 mile days make you discover methods of staying comfortable which allow understanding of the standard. Anyway, I'm all about transportation. I love racing, but really if you don't ride on the street you may as well ride jetskis or gokarts for all I care. No mandatory insurance in this state by the way, I have health insurance only.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 03:23 PM   #65
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Oh yeah, and...

light bikes SUCK in the snow.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 04:25 AM   #66
ZRXRy
Founding Member

Default Re: Nothin

Just for the record, I haven't adjusted my chain in 5500 km (no, it doesn't need it) and it went a good 3000 km or between the last two cleanings and lubings. Not really a huge maintenance hassle, even compared to the mostly zero-maintenance shaft drives (I have owned one of those, too).
ZRXRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 07:32 PM   #67
Jase
Founding Member

Default Re: I have a prediction...

Well just take a look at the GSX1200SS Suzuki is planning to bring to North America (please) next year. Looks like the '86 Gixxer (kinda but with dual shocks and a half fairing). Screw a down payment on a house: that thing hits the shores next year, I'll park one right next to my ZRX.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 09:48 AM   #68
ngall
Founding Member

Have you ever ridden one? They actually handle quite well. The pegs do scrape, but you have to lean it pretty good to do it. No race replica for sure, but they're very solid, stable bikes. Good brakes, gobs of torque and a big broad power band. You could leave it in 4th gear all day long, or shift if you like and go pretty damn fast. Nearly perfect ergonomics, too. All it needs is a cushier seat and you could ride it rapidly for days on end. Wheelies? Stoppies? Not a problem. This is just a great all around bike in terms of comfort, performance, and utility. THIS bike is what makes me wonder why there aren't more bikes like it and why cruisers are so damn popular. It boggles the mind.
ngall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:06 AM   #69
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default They come up fairly regularly

On the GPZ1100 mailing list. email gpzlist@micapeak.com with the word SUBSCRIBE. I have a '95 GPZ and have yet to be tempted by any bike. The perfect sport standard, and with saddlebags and a centerstand to boot!
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 02:22 PM   #70
Lunatickle
Founding Member

I just bought the ZRX 1200R and wish I had the big "S" fairing. I hear it's very good protection from the wind. I, too, like to make long trips. I'm going to add the Corbin beetle bags 'cause I need the storage for trips. I hear the bike makes a very good touring cruiser outfitted properly. I just put on the first 800 miles in the North Carolina mountains. Wow! Not bad for a guy who has 2 Harleys.

Can I fit the S fairing on my R?

Thanks
Lunatickle is offline   Reply With Quote