Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-29-2001, 05:11 AM   #21
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZRX1200S Reader Feedback

Well, this makes my life unpleasant. I absolutley LOVE the look of the ELR machine, but the small fairing really worries me. I am tired of being uncomfortable and wind blasted. The bigger S fairing makes mucho sense, but it just doesn't do it for me aesthetically.

Either way, I really want one and that is a problem. An 02 Honda CR is the plan, but this makes the choice tougher.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2001, 05:28 AM   #22
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Accent - I AM British

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!! You gotta get used to these Americans... generally harmless and friendly but not too concerned about life elswhere than on a chunk of the NA continent.

Liked your story and am impressed that MO is using other sources for their stories. Any chance you'll be doing any other stories about bikes we cannot get here in North America?

a mostly harmless cannuck
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 06:06 AM   #23
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Hey, now, watch out. I'm not all like that.

It was the "Motorcycle Online Staff" byline. Really. I thought this was Calvin and Brent and the rest having some kind of fun, maybe to make up for the TT getting cancelled. (The "North-south-hampton-ridge-shire" dateline didn't help the credibility issue, either.) Tell 'em to start giving you credit for your stuff.

A little guidance on what's going to be available on our side of the drink would help; I don't think we'll get all three of the fairing options. (Maybe I'm just grumpy that you get to have more goodies, even at the steeper prices you [looking up proper term] blokes suffer with.)

And hey, it could be worse. At least I'm not French.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 06:27 AM   #24
fwalters
Founding Member

I looked long and hard at the zrx1200 for my second bike, but the lack of wind protection made me decide to go for the zx1200r, which I have since modified to accomodate touring. (Can be seen at: http://www.down1up5.com/zx12rpage1.htm)

I am a 40 year old guy that likes to take long trips but doesn't want to get caught on a Gold Wing yet. Why don't Kawi, Honda, and the other manufacturers get it? I think alot of us want set up bikes with removable bags and removable wind protection, but aren't ready for shaft drive and marginal cornering characteristics. Wake and smell the aftermarket, Kawi..........................
fwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 08:09 AM   #25
streetlegal
Founding Member

L.A.R.D.

I don't get the fascination with these bathtubs. I admit to being primarily interested in hypersports race bikes, but I think bikes without cutting-edge performance can be fun too. But why not make them fun to handle, not like this 600 pound sled? That's just my opinion.
streetlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 08:30 AM   #26
Haru
Founding Member

I like it! The red and silver S reminds me of the original GPz900 Ninja in the side profile. I know its very different looking but still there is some family resemblance!

Had it been available in the US before I bought my ZX-12R, I might have got this instead. I am not too fond of the way the R version looks. The unfaired plain jane version is pretty sweet.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 09:27 AM   #27
kbeemer
Founding Member

Default Hey there are ones that get it

Go test ride a BMW K1200RS for about 100 miles with some good twisties thrown in!!!
kbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 09:28 AM   #28
markszrz
Founding Member

I am the owner of a 2001 ZRX 1200-R (aka Eddie Lawson Replica) and I love the bike. I can not tell you how many times someone comes up and wants to talk about the bike or reflect back to the Eddie Lawson days. I have owned many motorcycles (most Honda's and Suzuki's) and the ZRX is by far the most powerfull bike I have ever ridden. I ride with Hyabusa's etc.. and in the city, the ZRX is quicker. It's only on the freeway (approaching 70 +) the Hyabusa's begin to pull away from me.

It appears "MO" simply copied a review from an English publication and posted it on this site. As far as I know, the "R" model is the only ZRX available in the states.
markszrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 09:57 AM   #29
sfcrotty
Founding Member

Default Ugly, Ugly, Ugly

Did I mention ugly? This abomination of a bike, along with the rest of the 70s-80s retreads we're being subjected to, reads like loud plaid suit with white belt and white leather shoes. Great for a costume party, but Halloween only happens once a year.

Somebody shoot this thing and put it out of its misery.

P.S. Why does the server think that I'm an Anonymous Squid even though I'm logged in? I may be a squid, but I have a name, dammit.
sfcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 10:39 AM   #30
banda
Founding Member

That's no excuse. I am convinced that a British accent is purely an affectation. It is a complete coincidence that the majority of individuals who put on this affectation are also British.

Futher, I believe that if you were to wake a Brit from his sleep in the middle of the night, he would have no trace of a British accent, and would sound just like the rest of us normal, non-pretentious, English speaking people... that is, until he regained his composure and remembered to call you "old chap" or "my good man."
banda is offline   Reply With Quote