Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-19-2001, 08:30 AM   #11
crustyJ
Founding Member

Default Re: Race Track in San Diego

There is a track being built near Houston for similar reasons, but with no public money except tax breaks. It is the Grand Sport Speedway in , TX. It will have a road course, a drag strip, and maybe something involving dirt. Houston SCCA Solo IIs are already held there on a short course. It will compete with Texas World Speedway and Houston Raceway Park (fastest drag strip in the US), so if they can do it so can you.
crustyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2001, 08:34 AM   #12
mtnsapo
Founding Member

To see what you are up against you may want to contact the new track in Albuquerque, NM. I'm sure they can give you pointers, tips, the difficulties they went through, etc.

Good Luck!

Brian
mtnsapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 09:10 AM   #13
GTS_Rider
Founding Member

Worse yet...

If you crash and need medical attention....

Uhh, your in Mexico.
GTS_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 10:10 AM   #14
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Where in Texas?.. your post seems to have gotten cut or something.. no city/town listed??

jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 12:32 PM   #15
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

MAAAAAAANNNN, S.D. can't even get a baseball stadium put together with out allot of Bul$h!t flying around. Could you imagine what would happen with a race track. They will about parking, noise and donÂ’t forget the environmental impact that it will have. Bunch of crybabies in S.D. I know because I live there. I for one would love to see a racetrack in S.D. because Willow Spring is to far away and to dam hot. Well I just bought allot of Lotto ticket so let hope I win. If I do I will build the dam track myself. The Lotto is up to 90 million.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 02:37 PM   #16
Kduck
Founding Member

Sounds like a great idea. I like the plan to locate in Imperial County. Gets away from SD County and the multiple problems of SD county officials, land developers for housing, a guy named Bruce, etc. This is a sorely needed venue for San Diegans. As a former road racer and present dirt biker and street rider, my family and I would take advantage of a local track facility often. Go for it! Need any help? I'm in Poway.
Kduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 07:47 PM   #17
artemisarrow
Founding Member

dude, that's so cool. i'll donate $20, too. just have a little piece of cement with my name on it.
artemisarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 08:18 PM   #18
wsmc787
Founding Member

This has been a dream project of mine.. YES, there is a huge market for having a track in San Diego and that's just the local people I'm talking about here. It's a PRIME location to have a roadracing course, and the location you picked out most likely won't have much red tape like that which happened with the hoopla surrounding the stadium. Most of this was traffic congestion complaints as we are already having problems with increased traffic and such. You can definately find some venture capital for this project... just ask around and make some connections if you don't already have any. Building a track will take a long time and a lot of initial investment, but the eventual payoff will be terrific in San Diego.. but that's my STRONG opinion. You should network with the NUMEROUS San Diego racing clubs, import clubs, motorcycle clubs, dealerships both car and motorcycle, etc.. discuss joint business ventures, talk about increased business and attraction for the motorsports industry in San Diego, etc.. you can go all out!
wsmc787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 10:21 PM   #19
BammBamm
Founding Member

Best of luck. California is no longer the place to try to get things like this done. The only way it can be done is if the people behind it don't know what they are getting into.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 05:08 AM   #20
ducatirdr
Founding Member

A new race facility was built in PA, motocross and road racing. Check out http://www.rauschcreekracing.com/index.php for details. Private ownership put the place together. You may want to contact them and ask for ideas that worked and what to stay away from.

Good luck.
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote