Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-15-2001, 05:17 AM   #51
das
Founding Member

Default Re: Congrats!

Thanks, minime. Some of us out here sincerely appreciate your effort to provide more than a regurgitation of ad copy. Keep it up.
das is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2001, 07:19 AM   #52
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Only problem with the Valkyrie...

... is that it is BUTT ugly and cooks your legs and feet.
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 07:23 AM   #53
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: Road Star Warrior Reader Feedback

The Market doesn't seem to want 4 cylinder cruisers? Tell Honda who sell Magnas very well. Or Yamaha who have been known to sell V-Maxxes fairly steadily over the years.
Old 06-15-2001, 07:58 AM   #54
Philbiker
Founding Member

>>>. Yamaha would not even have to spend on engineering or revisions to the FJ, just bring it here. <<<<

So in boxjoints world Yamaha they doesn't have to conform to US EPA and DOT requirements, huh?

Hee hee hee. That's a pretty competitve market there for the FJ.
Old 06-15-2001, 09:57 AM   #55
GYT2
Founding Member

The Warrior should handle curves very well, it has radial tires, a rigid aluminum frame, great brakes and excellent suspension components. I think it would be a blast on a back road.
GYT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 10:11 AM   #56
GYT2
Founding Member

Default Re: Corrections

The VTX weighs 120lbs more than the warrior, sells for $12,499-12,799. What are you talking about extra front disc? The Road Star Standard has dual disks as does the VTX. The warrior will have a better power to weigh ratio and will definately handle better.
GYT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 11:16 AM   #57
JC4SOHC4
Founding Member

Sorry Yamaha, that is one ugly motorcycle! It looks like it was thrown together. I thought the VTX exhaust was ugly, but you beat it hands down with your Warrior exhaust.

The VTX looks custom. The Warrior looks like a hurried attempt at catch up to Honda. At least you lowered the weight.
JC4SOHC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 11:25 AM   #58
BammBamm
Founding Member

65.7 inch wheelbase, and a 200 section rear tire? Sounds like smooth and slow to me.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 01:26 PM   #59
boxjoint
Founding Member

Ok, you did get me on that one . However, I was just comparing the FJ to a new version of the V Max. The FJ1300 would be a fresh new bike in this market and mechanically (other than emissions) it would need no serious changes to be sold in the US.
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 08:09 PM   #60
max-9
Founding Member

did you say (The other gallon is hiding in a cell under the seat). well i guess thats a small step in the v-max direction. i know this is feed back on the warrior but i notice guys wondering if this or the bulldog would have been the new v-max . well thank god they aint. the last thing i want is my max to become is another cruiser clone or power ranger bike. i think its great that the v-max is still the same for 17 years and looks fantastic as it is , and when you flick the wrist at any speed.......damn its a launch . wanna stop making the v-max......okay i got mine already. wanna turn it into another clone...no thanks .let the legendary max keep its unique looks and balls .retire the bike with its name
max-9 is offline   Reply With Quote