Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-02-2001, 03:30 PM   #31
NOBRKES
Founding Member

Default Re: 600-Class Comparo Reader Feedback

I've got a Muzzy Ti can on my 2000 ZX-6R.

My thinking was that Muzzy ran the Kawasaki Superbike team so he should know more than most what makes Kwaks run. I also went with just the can because I didn't want to rejet the carbs, but ended up having to do it anyway. To be perfectly honest, I can't tell much difference, but it sure sounds better. The dyno said I gained 7 HP in the midrange & 3 on top, but the 6R has such a killer midrange anyway it's hard to tell.
NOBRKES is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2001, 03:32 PM   #32
NOBRKES
Founding Member

Default Re: Insurance Question...

Oh yeah, I'm 34
NOBRKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:29 PM   #33
ttcaml
Founding Member

In regards to your thought: sign me up, or enter me in the drawing, or something. I'm probably not the most qualified, but when it comes to riding motorcycles I am extremely motivated. You can find some more people who would probably help out at www.isumc.com/
ttcaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 05:01 PM   #34
ttcaml
Founding Member

When I first got my TT600 (2000 model) there was a bunch of throttle freeplay, and not enough adjustment on top to get rid of it. I ended up lifting the tank up, taking the airbox off and taking the throttle bodies loose so I could get rid of that freeplay. I really hope that mine was the only one with this problem, because when combined with the roll-on SURGE, that excessive throttle freeplay was a real pain. The bike is also eaiser to wheelie with the freeplay gone.

Before I bought It I accepted the fact that it is not the fastest 600 out there, but so far I haven't noticed. I have noticed that riding this bike is my favorite activity (I do not have a grilfriend) and I have only seen one other TT600. So I guess that if mine is the worst one, and I love it, any 600 must be a good bike. Though sometimes I wonder if I would have been better off with a SuperMotard and a car, instead of just my TT600.
ttcaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 05:27 PM   #35
RobM
Founding Member

Yeah, good idea. I have a 98 6r and a mate had an sv, but would regularly ride away from him, on the track. Then he went and bought an 01 gsxr6. Bum. I haven't yet ridden with him on the track, so i don't know if it was me or the all-conquering Kwak. :-Þ
RobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:51 AM   #36
Haga
Founding Member

Default Re: SV vs. ZX6R

Is an inline 4 vs. a V-4 really much of a comparison seeing as the VFR is the only current production V-4, and the other V-4 somewhat avalible to the public is the RC45?
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:53 AM   #37
Haga
Founding Member

I thought the idea here(on this website) was to compare the bikes, and tell us which one was the best since not everyone out there has one of each bike avalible to them for a demo ride.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:44 AM   #38
Templator
Founding Member

To those of us who have an eye for classic design, Japanese bikes obviously will always be "f"ugly tecnological marvels. On the other hand, Britian has always made beautiful bikes that come up short in many areas. Your comparison between the TT, the Kaw, and the Yamaha illustrates this perfectly. Why can't the Japanese understand that smooth, uncluttered, flowing lines are pleasing to the eye? The Triumph is by far the most beautiful machine of the three. I hope that the engineers in charge of it work to make it's performance comparible to the Japanese machines. When it comes to bikes, I want to have my cake and eat it too.
Templator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:52 AM   #39
minime
Founding Member

You'd be surprised how similar both bikes are in so many ways, yet how differently they go about accomplishing the same things. Sit tight. You'll see...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:54 PM   #40
Vlad
Registered Member

I think it's a great idea to include the SV, after all, most of us are on the street and not the track. As the owner of a VFR, I would be interested in seeing what you think of the three. But there is one bike noticibly absent from the comparo, which is the much overlooked Yamaha YZF600R. Throw that little puppy into the mix and you'll have the cream of the lightweight bikes that can be used for touring.

I've sat on both the R6 and the Honda. I know from 25 years of riding experience that I would love these on the track, but for the commute to work, forgettaboutit. I also know from numerous sojourns to the curvy roads in north Georgia and North Carolina, that most of the owners of the "cutting edge" machines have paid for performance that they can't use. The difference in performance between the R6 and the YZF600R is real. But on the street, regardless of speed, I think that less than two percent of the riders can use that difference.

(Um. . . I think I'll get flamed for that one.)

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote