Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-02-2001, 10:45 AM   #21
pponsfor
Founding Member

Default Re: SV vs. ZX6R

I have to re-iterate what a cool test this would be. MO, can you do it? Please.....?
pponsfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2001, 10:46 AM   #22
motrcycles
Registered Member

Default Re: Insurance Question...

I get signiture loans from my bank to avoid the insurance.
motrcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 10:51 AM   #23
motrcycles
Registered Member

Default Re: 600-Class Comparo Reader Feedback

How about a comparison of exhaust on 600s I have a 2000 ZX6R and I would like to put pipe on but I am not sure what brand will give mt the most bang for my buck.
motrcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 10:51 AM   #24
cb-r-ider
Founding Member

I have State Farm for full coverage on my '01 CBR600 F4i. I am 22, with no tickets (knock on wood) and I pay around $485 a year.
cb-r-ider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 11:22 AM   #25
john
Founding Member

i dont think that is too do-able, as there are literally hundreds of exhaust options for the 600 class. Slipons...headers.....underseat....high-mount......titanium....carbon.....the list goes on. The time it would take to dyno test even the most popular combinations would be immense. I think that information is best left to bike-specific rider forums where databases are collected, anyways.
Old 06-02-2001, 01:32 PM   #26
pponsfor
Founding Member

Good Response indeed. Bottom line as far as I see it.

All of the bikes here are good machinery. All of them have their weakness and strong points. I currently own a 2001 ZX6R, but honestly, I'd probably be happy on any one of them. The idea here is to find a bike you personally like and ride the sh!t out of it!!
pponsfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 01:41 PM   #27
spedracrxx
Founding Member

I guess I'll call state farm then!!! I'm 21 with one small ticket last year (and about 3 others that are over 3 years old ((all in a car))). I appreciate the feedback.
spedracrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 01:58 PM   #28
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: SV vs. ZX6R

I'm sure we could do something like this if there's enough interest. Similarly, a test we're in the process of doing (after so many comparisons were made by testers about the Kawasaki ZX-6R to the Honda VFR 800) is just that, inline-four versus V-four sport-touring.

After a 500 mile ride with both bikes this past Thursday, it's amazing how well each bike works in long-distance mode, and how different they are, yet equally adept at similar things.

I'll see if we can get an SV-S thrown in there as well. Suzuki's phone will be ringing Monday morning. Cool?
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:19 PM   #29
NOBRKES
Founding Member

Bought a 2000 ZX-6R last July and now have 18000 (yep, you read 18 thousand) miles on it. I'm up the the NC. mountains every weekend canyon strafing. It's got the usual goodies - Muzzy end can, BMC filter, jet kit, solo cowl, paddock stand spools, footpegs, dark smoke windscreen & sliders. Went to Pilot Sports but think I will return to Sportmax's because the Michelins don't seem to work as well with this bike. Oh yeah, for what I use it for (aggressive STREET riding), you can't beat it! Any other questions?
NOBRKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:22 PM   #30
NOBRKES
Founding Member

In the Charlotte, NC. area:

Allstate, $435/6 months with a couple

moving violations. No one else was under $600
NOBRKES is offline   Reply With Quote