Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-18-2001, 09:00 AM   #11
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia Scarabeo 150 Reader Feedback

After wiping off my monitor, I find that the images are in fact picures of a girl in black pants on a black scooter riding/posing in front of a dark background in the late afternoon shade. All I can see is the model (from the waist up) and a headlight.

What would happen if you applied about a 1.25 gamma correction to these photos? Would we be able to tell what the scooter looked like?

As it stands, I couldn't identify a Scarabeo if it jumped out of a bush and bit me on the hindquarters based on those photos.

The article, however is very well written.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2001, 09:30 AM   #12
tbuse
Founding Member

Nice story, lousy pictures. While it's good to have a little variety, after reading the article, I can't help but think "What's the point?" You can get better gas mileage, better handling, better speed, better torgue, more use, and if you look around a little, a cheaper price, from a Buell Blast. Why would you want the scooter? Well, unless it comes with the blonde as standard equipment.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 11:11 AM   #13
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Good point about the pictures! Need more of the blond model too!!!

Not so certain I agree with "what's the point". I'm guessing that there is a market segment that does not WANT a motorcycle but would like something a step up from the old 50cc spree. This machine looks very user friendly and has no shifter... something that I've found many non-motorcyclists are afraid of. "you shift with your FOOT? I don't think I could do that!", is an often heard phrase from folks who drive automatic equipped cars.

I do however, agree with another poster who mentions that it may not work in North America. It's pretty hard to avoid a highway on most any trip - unlike (from what I've heard...never been there) the big cities in Europe.

Oh well, if you've got a few bucks, want to move up from your wee skoot, it looks like a nice machine.
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 11:56 AM   #14
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

I didn't see any bouncing cleavage.... What did you do with THOSE photos???
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:30 PM   #15
Gravestone
Founding Member

Learn how to use the photo editing software would help more. Oh wait, I haven't sent in my subscription yet, you guys probably can't afford the software yet.

Sorry to be a jerk, but with a reply like that, it was called for.
Gravestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 05:10 AM   #16
Lowrez
Founding Member

Get a photo editor... that would help more.

Seriously, there isn't one picture of just the scooter on a contrasting background where we can see more than a quarter of it. Since there isn't an Aprilia dealership within 150 miles, I can't exactly go check out this baby for myself.

I hope you guys get a chance to check out some of the big Honda scooters, too. My wife is thinking about making the switch and I'd like to get some non-scooterphile opinions.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 05:17 AM   #17
Lowrez
Founding Member

A few unsolicited comments.

1) This scooter looks perfect for riding to downtown shops when I'm a little too lazy to ride my bicycle (everything two wheels) and I don't feel like busting out the big motorcycle. (Not that I have a big motorcycle, but guys that ride Wings probably don't want to wheel them out for a 2 mile jaunt).

2) Scooters are practicle, right? So why didn't we have a picture of how much junk you could load in the trunk... er... top box?

3) What's this "short-stemmed" crap? 5'9" isn't that small. How about my 5'5" wife? Will she even be able to tip-toe this thing? Perhaps this is a bit too much motorcycle and not enough scooter.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 07:27 AM   #18
wwalkersd
Founding Member

I didn't see any bouncing cleavage. Where's the video?
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 06:01 AM   #19
kcobb
Founding Member

Agree with your comments, especially #3. Where I live in Austin, I simply can't avoid having to go 60-70, even when avoiding the highway as much as possible. So the cheap and cool 50cc scoots are out. This one would work better (and it really is that big, btw), but the top speed of 70 is still barely adequate. Also black is the only color we get in the US, which is too bad, because it looks so much better in other colors.

I, too, look forward to a 600-700cc twin from Aprilia. I would definitely pay more for an SV650 beater with Italian styling and better suspension (hey, isn't there a Cagiva that fits that description?).

kcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 04:29 PM   #20
kcobb
Founding Member

Guys, this chick looks nice and all, but she isn't that hot. Actually, she looks like a nice, sexy, single mom with a kid or two. Not exactly my fantasy scoot rider.

One picture says it was taken in Studio City, CA. That's outside of LA, right? I was there this past week (E3 video game convention) and there were *much* hotter chicks everywhere. Sunset Blvd, Friday night, Oh My God! More cleavage and leather pants than you can shake a, um, stick at.

Come on, guys, I know you can do better.

kcobb is offline   Reply With Quote