Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-10-2001, 08:04 AM   #11
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Ku****ani Phantom Reader Feedback

Ron and the guys over at Kush-it-an-i are excellent to deal with. They are very proud of their products and I've never heard of anybody haveing customer service issues with them -- and that's worth a lot!
minime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2001, 08:08 AM   #12
Gabe
Registered Member

Default If you're in the market for a baragain:

Look at this review from a couple of years ago:

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbeware/syedleathers.html

I've owned two Syed suits, and they kick ass. Good quality, protective (three crashes in them!) comfortable, good customer service (I got my suit 10 days after ordering once!) and great looking.

The best part? You can get TWO custom made Syed suits for the price of one . Why don't more people wear Syed? I guess most riders want to show off how much money they can spend. Me, I know leathers are for crashing, so I'll spend as little as possible to get an acceptable level of protection.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 10:52 AM   #13
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Correction! 2 for the price of one Ku****ani suit.

Old 05-10-2001, 10:53 AM   #14
granny
Founding Member

Default Re: For this price, go for BKS

I disagree, I think BKS are very uncomfortable, are usually inadequately perforated and are much more expensive than Kushi. There is no chance that I'd fit into any BKS gear off the shelf (it's all ridiculously large). On the other hand, I can always find Kushi gear that fits me directly off the rack. Lately, I've been wearing a Kushi Meteor in extra small, the dealer tossed in a pair of hyper gloves when I bought the suit (so I'm not complaining about the price). IMO, being large is not an advantage, all that extra useless flesh does is slow a bike down (the body parts that need to be large weigh actually contribute very little to a riders net weight
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 10:56 AM   #15
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Fer' cryin' out loud!

Look at my below post about Syed, then call them up.

They'll fit anybody from Herve Villachez to John Candy for half the price of the Kushi, and you can get any color you want. One piece silver, if you want to look like the silver surfer and reflect as much as possible.

Old 05-10-2001, 01:24 PM   #16
gixerlogan
Founding Member

Default Using the 2nd Place Bike?

Nice leathers!

Why use the NUMBER 2 bike to feature them?

You should have gone and use the BAD ASS, ALL AROUND BIKE, CONTROVERSIAL 1st PLACE r1.

Anyway, you guys needed the hits on your site

Now, going back to the leathers, I wonder if the leather that comes from mad cows are cheaper?

gixerlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 02:04 PM   #17
granny
Founding Member

I like my Kushi Meteor, I think it is far and away better than the Dainese and others that I've tried on and the suit has saved my tofu numerous times. I got my suit from Moto Liberty in Dallas (yehaa) and recommend them. I've tried on many suits and for my size, shape and physical conditioning (cyclist/runner) the Kushis are the best fitting and most comfortable. I also agree that Ron and company are top blokes.
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 05:13 PM   #18
Nish
Founding Member

Thanks for the review guys. I noticed someone wearing that suit in one of your vids and was wondering how well those suits fit. I already have a good idea about Kushi quality. Now... Kushi or RS Taichi. Decisions decisions. Oh yeah I'm still waiting on that RS250 VS NSR250 MC28 comparo ;D and brake pads! So many different brands so little time to test on our own. I dont think I've ever seen a brake pad comparo as compared to the near limitless tests of tires that moto mags do.

You guys rock!
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 08:07 AM   #19
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Fer

>One piece silver, if you want to look like the silver surfer and reflect as much as possible.<

Umm, I think I'll pass on the silver. Too much chance someone might try to chase me down and try to paint GOODYEAR on my side. :^)=
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 11:50 AM   #20
nuprin
Registered Member

Default Kush is great, but i bought helimot

I tried both the 's and the Helimot leathers. I think both are comparable top quality leathers, but the kush leathers are repaired after crashes in japan, whereas helimot leathers are repaired at the shop they were made in san jose.

Additionally helimot does a LOT of custom suits, where he'll keep the pattern for you for life for future repairs, so if you have a fit problem with the kush suits, he can make you a custom with a great fit.

go to helimot.com and check it out. he's super friendly and it's great fun to go check out his shop.
nuprin is offline   Reply With Quote