Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-07-2001, 08:39 AM   #31
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Tiger Reader Feedback

Super Motards are amazingly competent machines. My only bike right now, is a CR-500 Super Motard. Id LOVE to register it for street use, but am having trouble finding a cheap wrecked/salvaged pre 97 CR-500 to get a green sticker from. (After 97 all two strokes are "red Sticker" bikes, thus not able to be converted to a street registration like the green sticker bikes)

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2001, 11:03 AM   #32
tbuse
Founding Member

And you bought this bike, why? Another motorcycle mag compared the Triumph to the BMW and preferred the Triumph. Go figure. While I can read these articles with interest, there's absolutely no way I could regularly ride a bike with a 33" seat height. (Short legs.)
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:53 AM   #33
BammBamm
Founding Member

Check with Baja Designs. I was going to get an XR650R and license it, but the state I am in has their head up their a*s and sometimes allows it, sometimes not.

While I was talking to them, they told me that you can register a bike in Vermont (I think) and the manufacturers state of origin changes on the title, and then you can switch it to your state with the plates.

I don't know if it will apply to you, but it might be worth while checking.

Check out this guys page for another CR500 supermotard;

http://hometown.aol.com/quickbrit/auto/index.htm

BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 12:29 PM   #34
HankMurphy
Founding Member

Default In Defense Of MO...

I own a Tiger and would have loved to have seem a longer test. However, in defense of MO, this was not a regular test. Triumph provided a set of bikes for various MC journos in Southern California for basically a one-day ride. I had already seen a local print review describing the outing in "Free2Wheel", a local MC giveaway paper (or maybe it was in "Friction Zone"). As a result, you are probably going to see similar short articles in the paper MC mags over the next few months.

So...while I'd love another Tiger-GS in-depth comparo, adding the Guzzi Quota and the big KTM when it's available in this country, I think it's understandable why this article was the way it was. And I'm at least glad that they didn't represent a one-day ride as a full test. But do think about that comparo, guys...
HankMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 02:23 PM   #35
CarsSuck
Founding Member

I'd rather have real brakes. Totally independent, no ABS, thanks. Haven't ridden the new tiger or bmw yet but the old tiger was nice.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:10 PM   #36
steve345
Founding Member

You've just described a Harley I think people buy non-japanese bikes just for the cudos, although Ducatis do look great. Although I don't think Triumphs or Harleys are THAT unreliable if looked after properly. Ever owned a Suzuki
steve345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 12:00 AM   #37
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Responds to Criticism

Mr. Mudcliffe later denied allegations that the popular British lip salve was responsible for the "bum pucker" epidemic sweeping the UK, creating a shortage of vaccines for seat-in-arse disease. "We do not kiss buttocks in the UK, you are thinking of the French", Neville stated.

The most common symptom of the disease, also known as Tiger up yer tank syndrome is commonly known as Prince Charles ears, in which the sufferer's ears flap uncontrollably, and he becomes uncontrollably attracted to manly women named Bowles.

BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 05:46 AM   #38
TommyJefferson
Founding Member

Default I agree, a brochure article, at least it's new.

At least they put something new up.

It's been more than a month since a new review appeared on motorcycle.com.
TommyJefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 05:51 AM   #39
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

WHY do we consider it the least bit strange that the British will buy streetbikes posing as dirt bikes? Some of the most popular SUVs in this country are just flimsy passenger cars dressed up to *look* like offroaders and would quickly become junk if you drove them on terrain any true purpose-built 4x4 rig worth its salt can take in stride. Their poseurs trying to look like rugged individualists like offroad styling on bikes, while ours prefer it on cars. Not much difference there. Actually I think the Tiger would be an attractive bike (prettier than most "real dirtbikes for sure) if they got rid of the silly stripes and offered some better colors.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 05:59 AM   #40
TommyJefferson
Founding Member

Default Good comments, people just don't understand

I don't understand why more people DON'T ride "dual-sports".

Cruisers ride like crap, get bad gas mileage, are over priced, and are uncomfortable.

Sportbikes are way uncomfortable, have high-maintenence requirements, wear out fast, and have outrageous insurance prices.

Dual sports are what motorcycles are for, jumping curbs, running through ditches to avoid red lights, splitting lanes, seeing over traffic, and doing wheelies in the grocery store parking lot.

TommyJefferson is offline   Reply With Quote