Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-10-2001, 12:22 PM   #1
bimota
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Bike Shootout Feedback!

Where's the Bimota?
bimota is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2001, 12:24 PM   #2
bimota
Founding Member

Default Great!

I'll send that check now.
Old 04-10-2001, 12:44 PM   #3
Chester
Founding Member

The Bimota isnt an openclass bike, it is raced in the Superbike class, traditionally 750cc fours, 900cc triples or 1000cc twins. Using that equation, you would have to have a 1333cc Bimota to fit in here. But, if you wanted to ignore that argument, you should also say "Where's the Daytona?"
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 12:48 PM   #4
Chester
Founding Member

Very interesting indeed. Yes, indeed. Ummmm, I am super high class. I think the dirtbike suspenders comment on the R1 was interesting. Its nice that you didnt cheerlead the GSXR just because it is by far the most powerful. But, for the bragging factor, the GSXR is the bike to have this year. I dont know why anyone would brag actually. These bikes are so fast and above my abilities on or off the road, I think I will just buy a TZ125. Wait, thats above my abilities too. Jeez.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 12:52 PM   #5
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Hah... the article went pretty much exactly as I expected, and for the same reasons. I never thought I'd hear a moto-mag ADMIT that a bike was too powerful, though.
Old 04-10-2001, 12:55 PM   #6
minime
Founding Member

Clarification: not too powerful, period. Just too powerful for most people in most situations. Or something like that...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 12:58 PM   #7
bimota
Founding Member

Default The Bimota YB11

Actually, they make an open class bike (Granted, they aren't making anything anymore). I was thinking of the YB11, a 1002 cc in-line four. Technically, it is a little tiny bit larger displacment than the others here. But, given that every magazine tested the GSXR 750 with liter classers last year, I think it could be overlooked.
Old 04-10-2001, 12:58 PM   #8
RROGER
Founding Member

Default Open Bike Shootout-You guys are high!

Is this a joke? You guys must be high, inexperienced or just stupid putting the R1 above the GSXR and CBR. Not saying it's not a good bike, just outdated and clearly behind the GSXR and CBR. Catch a clue. I am sure you'll be hearing more from the masses.
RROGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 01:08 PM   #9
coloradobikeguy
Founding Member

I agree. The bikes are far surpassing the abilities of the average rider out there. If these guys have the balls to say that the bike they tested is for the Rossi's of the world then they should be commended. Sometimes the biggest cojones belong to those who know when to scream "UNCLE!!!!". Nice time we live in now, eh, when what we buy is too good for us? Id swear that R1 I sat on one time was laughing at me.... Personally, I think my TL1000S is too much for me but that freakin torque is too much fun on the straightaways.
coloradobikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 01:08 PM   #10
zxguy
Founding Member

More about the ZX-9R's carburation glitch! This is probably the only US motorcycle publication I read and it's the only place I ever hear reference to this problem. Are you able to deduce as to whether this is a US only phenomenon, as I have never come accros any such glitches on 9R's I have owned or borrowed. One did come on a bit too aggressively from off throttle but I upped the idle by about 100rpm - problem solved.

P.S. I'm in Australia (lots of long roads).
zxguy is offline   Reply With Quote