Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-18-2001, 07:16 PM   #251
chasj1
Founding Member

Default Uhhh...huh?

Do you own a 929? Or do you merely state your opinion based on journalism? I own a 2000 model R1, and also have a brother riding a 2000 929. Having put over 4000mi. on the R1, I only know to tell everyone reading this string....these guys seem to echo my feelings. The more I ride the R1, the more I learn about things the bike can do very well, and do them consistently. Each trip out, the utterly seamless delivery of power, braking, and handling seem to be the best total package out there! Nobody mentioned that Suzuki motorcycles break, and parts are impossible to get! I know for a fact the company produces bikes using the cheapest of labor rates! Don't get me wrong here guys...an old buddy of mine is none other than Jamie Hacking(why would I lie about this)...so I likes to pull for the zook! REAL race bikes don't have one stock piece on the thing! The track....is not the street....and street riding has nothing to do with the track(so who cares?) Thanks MO for having enough savvy to tell it like it is! Remember...opinions are like uranus...everyone has one of those too!!

Peace!
chasj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2001, 02:04 AM   #252
chasj1
Founding Member

Default Common sense...or logic?

Did you use common sense? Or maybe a spectacular "Einstein-like" display of logic to come up with your comments? Nothing personal, but in the REAL world, spending ten five for a bike and using half of ALL capabilities designed in the motorcycle....can't be the best decision in the world! Have you had any problems with the big zooky yet? (Don't worry...you will!) Parts will be impossible to get....and the Yammy and Honda will be out there....ON THE STREET.....cruising around in effortless fashion! The MO test on these bikes hit the nail on the head! I ride a 2000 model R1, and only use the ENTIRE engine capabilities 10% of the time...and obviously become unsafe in the process. Sorry dude...but in my mind...using common sense and a little bit of logic..the R1 established the performance envelope a few years back(on design and looks especially!) After selling STREET motorcycles for a short while, I can tell you Suzuki has put something out that in most case will cause more harm than good! Here is where I have to commend MO once again for their OPINION in the open-class test!!!

peace...and good luck finding parts dude!!
Old 04-19-2001, 09:36 AM   #253
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Bike Shootout Feedback!

I think you miss the point. The Japanese manufacturers always vie over who has the fastest, cutting edge bike. They always will, as they tie it into their racing efforts. There will always be those types who have to rush out and buy the "fastest" bike, regardless of how it works in the real world. The MO test takes that into consideration, but also interjects some real world considerations. There's not a track within four hours of here where you could take any of these bikes to the limit. Trying to ride any of these bikes for four hours to get to a track would leave you in no condition to actually be able to ride on the track. While I'm looking for a sport bike, none of these bikes are on the list, as I have to live in the real world. The bike's got to be able to handle traffic as well as twisties; a couple of hours of riding, not just a 30 minute canyon dash. I thought the article well done & informative; though I wonder why the Triumph Daytona or a Ducati wasn't included. These tests always seem to just "round up the usual suspects".
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 01:30 PM   #254
elitegroup
Founding Member

Default BLAH BLAH BLAH

You could have just went for the personal preference line. My wrist don't hurt and I'm a big fat pig HA HA HA!. The seat on my R-1 isn't no where near being thin and ass-hurting. You get used to the sore wrist thing if you don't "vise grip" the bars and give your arms some slack. The zx-9 is the bike you chose and good luck with it, but thats no reason to sh*t on the other bikes because your arms and ass can't take it. I recommend you check the shift shaft seal after 2000 miles because kawasakis are notorious for leaking oil in that spot. Now for all you others that want to type pointless personal preference paragraphs from hell don't bother because this story is now old news and no one give a sH*t!!
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 09:15 AM   #255
mark_l
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Bike Shootout Feedback!

Hello?
mark_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 05:37 PM   #256
chasj1
Founding Member

Default Huh?

What was that you said? Your Suckuki was in the shop? Imagine that?!!
Old 05-01-2001, 05:52 PM   #257
gixerlogan
Founding Member

Default Re: Tests vs. specs

Hope MO wiped their butts before this post!!!

Haahahahahahahaha
gixerlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 06:02 PM   #258
gixerlogan
Founding Member

Default Re: Well put ..

As many as when the R1 first came OUT!!!!

Give the GSXR1000 time and hold your panties before it's too late. Don't be pulling bougus numbers from your A$$. The GSXR 1000 has recently been out in the market and practically all bikes have been sold. Check out other web site and you'll see that even some R1 owner are switching to the 1000. Why? I don't know, maybe because they want to keep their status of owning the baddest bike on earth?!?!

At 180+ mph, I don't worry about what MO has to say about the 1000, but it's always intersting; specially dumb ass comments like yours!!!
gixerlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 04:09 AM   #259
nagarjuna
Founding Member

Default Re: Fantasy World ?

You say MO has a great review of the ZX12R, but I haven't seen it. Have they actually ridden it and written about it? If not, why not? If so, where's the article?
nagarjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 12:40 PM   #260
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh the shame

Stop being an infant BBD Racing.

Unless you have an inferiority complex, you don't need to call anyone a Dork!

These are just opinions, and if you don't like it, I suggest you move to Communist China for a few months.
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote