Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-13-2001, 07:12 AM   #221
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Bike Shootout Feedback!

Some people are considering buying one of these bikes, unlike you. So they have comments about the review. I agree that there is a lot of whining and complaining, but that's part of the reason for the feedback. Nobody is forcing you or the MO staff to read it.

And I did donate, as others have, so I feel I have a right to express my opinion. Your attitude of "if you don't like it go somewhere else..." is very childish. Why don't you go somewhere else, where they review bikes that you might actually consider buying.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2001, 07:23 AM   #222
SlowDude
Registered Member

Default Re: What MO doesn

Pull your turtle head out of your a$$ and stop multiple posting everything.

Lets assume your theory is true and Yamaha pays to win shootouts. Imagine how pitiful their payoff budget must be this year since the only people in the entire realm of moto-journalism they can afford to payoff is MO. Pathetic. Have you not noticed in every print magazine shootout there are advertisements for the very bikes you are reading about. It's not a conspiracy, it's called a TARGET AUDIENCE! Stop posting and go ride!
SlowDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 07:23 AM   #223
stevegrab
Founding Member

Sorry but you are wrong, some people are complaining don't own any of these bikes. I for one have complained, and I don't own any of these bikes. Nor am I complaining because I prefer one of these other bikes over the R1. I just think it is not fair to crown the R1, when the GSXR1000 is a more capable bike (in the right hands). As I said in another post, all of these bikes are way more than most people need, and more than many can handle. So by MO's rules, they all should lose. When the R1 came out it was a real handful compared to other available bikes in this class at the time. But did MO say it shouldn't win, and something else like the CBR9 or ZX9 should? No, they crowned the R1 (both 1998 & 2000). But suddenly the GSXR has too much power, speed whatever. That is the major point of most of the complaints. Rating the bike down because it was "too much". Since its too much I'm sure that the other manufacturers will not bother to try and "catch up". Yeah right.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 09:02 AM   #224
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Hey, WATCH IT with those "old at 32" remarks there, buddy! That's just a little close to the mark to be comfortable, lol.
Old 04-13-2001, 09:06 AM   #225
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Nope, that's not what I'm saying at all... I was just answering your question about what the big deal was about 10-15 hp... When your pounds/horsepower ratio is already that low, a few ponies or a few pounds make a difference. That's all.
Old 04-13-2001, 09:40 AM   #226
GrufRude
Registered Member

Default Re: 929 BHP is low...

To my tired, 53 year-old eyes, the 929 dyno chart seems to indicate that the bike pulled 126.5 rwhp.
GrufRude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 09:42 AM   #227
GrufRude
Registered Member

Default Re: Is 929 BHP correct?

I think the dyno chart shows 126.5 rwhp for the 929.
GrufRude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 12:49 PM   #228
Azrifel
Founding Member

Street Bias?

Just got word that a friend of a friend crashed his 'brand new' GSX-R1000 on a twisty road in a 140kmh corner (on a YZF Thundercat based 600) and ended up in hospital with severe injuries and a demolished Gixxer.

Azrifel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 07:45 AM   #229
BladeRR
Founding Member

Default Re: 929 BHP is low...

Never mind, I can't read. Your right it is 126.5 bhp
BladeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2001, 12:47 AM   #230
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default whyber doober youber callber itber aber gixxer?

Can't you call the damn thing a GSXR? Gixxer is as annoying as Bimmer.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote