Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-12-2001, 12:17 PM   #201
mrvics
Founding Member

Default Re: Tests vs. specs

...I agree.

MO is the BEST source of Motorcycle information, PERIOD. They are 100 % honest!!!! PERIOD!

Thye helped me purchase my first 600 and my fist onpen-classer, and I couldn't be happier.

Here's the bottom line, ladies and gentlemen: Shootouts look for the best and most ENJOYABLE bike to RIDE (not drag race), which will help us decide which bike to buy next and/or which one we'd have the MOST FUN on. Am I right??? I think so. That's it. Plain and simple. And, in this group of bikes, Yamaha takes the crown, once again.

I guess it's true when people call the R-1 legendery.

I'm surpirsed that MO didn't compare the design and style of these bikes. The GSXR would definitely loose in this category, placing third next to the 929, mainly becuase the GSXR sticker design looks old and "flat" plus there's nothing that distinguishes it from it's two little brothers.

The R-1 is still the best looking bike here. It's a classic and it's impossible ot argue that.

P.S. No, I am not affiliated with MO staff what so ever and yes, of course I own an R-1! =)

mrvics is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2001, 12:28 PM   #202
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Default Re: For the Gixxer Fans ......

What's a good web site to follow all the records and stats on FormulaXtreme?
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 12:36 PM   #203
twstit
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Bike Shootout Feedback!

I see, what your saying then is: The R1 is sufficiently down on power to make it safe. In other words you can't get into trouble on the R1, but you can on the Gsx-R1000.

If that is what you are trying to tell me I guess the guys I know that ride R1's are full of you know what, when they tell me how the rear end breaks loose when they apply a little too much throttle coming out of corners.

What I'm trying to say is: "Either one of these bikes can get you in way over your head if your not an experienced rider."
twstit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 12:46 PM   #204
ZRXRy
Founding Member

Do a search on AYBABTU - you'll see.
ZRXRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 01:43 PM   #205
955tri
Registered Member

Yeah, where is the Daytona? I know that it can't compete with these beasts in any outright performance catagory, but Triumph has made some evolutionary changes over the years and it's really one hell of a street bike.... and pretty good looking too! It deserves to be in the show.

just my .02
955tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 01:59 PM   #206
Phredd
Founding Member

i've read your comments twice now, in two different locations. Perhaps you just cruised by the first one, unless you have posted three.
Phredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 02:05 PM   #207
Phredd
Founding Member

Default Re: What MO doesn

third time I've seen your letter. Perhaps you need to read slower.
Phredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 02:54 PM   #208
fallen2012
Founding Member

I agree that the ratings aren't very street oriented, but they do fall somewhere in between. The guys did however make a point of noting how the 9R was the most comfy for street duty, and the gixxer was the least. i thought it was a pretty good comparo, and definitely inline with my interests. emphaisis on sport. well, done methinks.
fallen2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 02:57 PM   #209
bluedot
Founding Member

Why would we stop reading comparisons ?

Roadrading World, Motorcyclist, Sport Rider, Performance Bikes, Superbike

all had tests similar to this one, they put just as much effort into street riding. They made the same comments in regard to the honda's suspension, the Yamaha's solid feel. But they all came to the same conclusion for a winner. And for a very specific reason.

The readers arguing it here are not so much that the R1 won the test .. but WHY it won the test.

bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 03:07 PM   #210
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh the shame

Yeah, know all that. So what. My point was that I simply don't believe that the gsxr is that unusable, especially when no one else thinks so. Refer to Roadracing World.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote