Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-05-2007, 04:57 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Scooters Vs. Motorcycles

What's the difference between people who ride m/c's and people who ride scooters? Sounds like a zen question like, "What is the difference between a stove?"

Don't ask why....Bud Dry.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think he pissed off quite a few here because he was essentially correct. Ego plays a huge role in what we ride, even if nobody else will admit it. We are all riding bikes that are way more than we need including half of the scooter bunch. Insulting what a guy rides is usually worse than insulting his mother. It's just a fact Jack.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 AM   #33
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: HOLY CRAP!

Ha! This is just another temporary attempt to suck everyone back in. Don't you believe it. The psycho can only restrain himself from his usual viciousness for short periods.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

I don't have any ego.... I own a Magna.

The article failed to take into account those other large scooters..the PC800, the Gold Wing and the K1200LT.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #35
SRMark
Founding Member

I watched coverage of the Giro d'Italia the other day (bicycle race) and noticed quite a few MP3s in the entourage. Now that's a nice scooter.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:20 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Owning a Magna proves not only that you don't have an ego, but it you also have no taste in motorcycles either! I'll take that GoldWing scooter please!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 AM   #37
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: HOLY CRAP!

Agree with seru...ssdd.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 AM   #38
maladg
Registered Member

Is your Magna PURPLE? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:50 AM   #39
RosevilleRod
Registered Member

Sorry. Such an obvious connection and I missed it!
RosevilleRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #40
maladg
Registered Member

Default Randomized musings on a Passing Scene

With apologies to the late John Bond and the great Thomas Sowell:

Scooters are keweel. I didn't really grock scooters until the city engulfed my palatial & formally suburban mini-mansion. Now I get it. I wonder if I can get a Lambretta lawnmower? And a topless Sophia to run it?

As for, 'er - unit size - if you are genuinely interested in pleasing others, perhaps you outta ask the other what size she/he/it prefers. The other night on a "Cathouse" rerun, several of the sportin' ladies opined that if a customer pulled out a Ron Jeremey model, they'd scream....just a thought when mulling the next bike purchase. I'm not at all sure what that thought is, but thats your problem. I suggest calling Dr. Kook if you need more input re your "displacement" (note to MikeNomad - this use of "displacement" has at least two meanings).

Back to scooters, last Friday afternoon the wife and I were cutting through the downtown Marietta, GA., square whilst aboard my new, vaguely scooterish mount, an '07 R12RT. (Seru, you'll be the second to know when my rear drive until pukes) There SWMBO and I noted a nice new gen Vespa. The woman on it was dressed in a nice, new "StitchSafetyGreen" imitation stitch jacket, black armored pants, budget flip ft lid and what appeared to be BMW vented low cut boots. She was handling that fidgety little thing like a grizzled, old 700,000 mile pro. Wonder how she'd do on a Burgman 650 up in the hills?

The future should be quite strange - interesting, but strange.

Enough of this flibberdeegib! Time for me to return to my secret Bat-Lair deep in the bowels of the Department of Recursive Randomness where much corporate jabberwocky, bilge, flotsam & offal must be handled, created, criticized, ostracized and otherwise flamboyantly ignored.

Ah HA! So thats where the meds got off to. Gotta run!