Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Scooters Vs. Motorcycles

He keeps a Vespa in each saddlebag on his Boss Hoss 502 (for better weight-distribution).
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2007, 11:45 PM   #22
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: HOLY CRAP!

Poor-ass way to be PC, bein' such a dyck on company time.

However, if you can indeed prove that you can function with the rest of Society at large, I might be willing to call-off the Hit.

Better hurry though, Guido and Nunzio are Professionals. They waste little time.............
Old 06-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Dude, only one Motor Company makes REAL Motorcycles - and they start with 96 cubic inches of American Displacement.

Everything else is a Girls Bike............

(I thought you knew that already?)

[b];^D

Old 06-05-2007, 01:48 AM   #24
ksquid
Banned

Default Wow.

Dude I apologize Christ.. .. I would never do that to any one here.I think they are plenty here that are screwing around on company time Do you ?..ie. it's a slippery slope if that is what is going on.. I don't have any set hours so and work routinely 50 hours a week and don't get paid for OT... My wife complains that I am always working... Please call it off you win..if you guys are playing rough like this I'll never set eyes on MO. I guess when you get things posted as news articles by the staff you think that folks find your antics funny. Sorry man..I was such a prick..Really I will leave for good..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:59 AM   #25
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: HOLY CRAP!

You guys win I'm gone for good.. just told the wife.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #26
markben62
Registered Member

I've been riding for 28 years and over the past few have 'discovered' the big scooter.

Both my previous Yamaha TMax 500 and current Piaggio X9 500 are just about perfect as an everyday, all weather ride - good weather protection, low running costs, enough performance to keep ahead of the cages and no clutch/gears to mess with in heavy traffic. You want to witness aggressive scooter riding? I suggest you visit central London any work day.

A scooter doesn't provide the same thrill as a motorcycle - ideally I'd own one of those too as my sunny Sunday afternoon toy - but for year round, every day use I'll take the scooter thanks.

markben62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:22 AM   #27
xlr8r
Founding Member

The difference between scooters and motorcycles is all about geography. Motorcycles were designed to be a mechanical horse, a way to take one person across country. The bigger the country, the bigger the bike - which is why Harleys work so well in the midwest, and why they have big engines turning slowly. Scooters are urban, pure and simple, and European urban at that, which is far more densely packed and with far less space in the streets than in the US (which always seems astonishingly large-scale and widely spaced to us Europeans when we first see it). A scooter is designed for short journeys within town centres, parking on the sidewalk (the whole thoroughfare, two lanes and two sidewalks, is likely to be less than twenty feet wide in your average historic Italian town centre) outside coffee bars, and in general it does what in the US you would have your second car to do. Plus - and this is vital in Italy - it allows you to wear your street clothes while doing it, so you can show off your cool taste in fashion to the girls as you go along. And so a scooter is really an urban fashion accessory, linked to a European, pavement cafe, lifestyle - and that's why they look a bit out of place in the middle of Nebraska. (That applies the other way, too: Glides look out of place in English villages). There'll always be people who want to take something out of context deliberately and see what they can do with it, which is why some people race scooters, and I'm all for self-expression; but the bottom line is that bikes are for the country and scooters are for town. And the two-wheeled world is plenty big enough for both.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:34 AM   #28
lostlogic
Registered Member

With newer scoots coming out in the 600cc and above class, I must say that I'm tempted by them. The convenience of all that storage sure would be nice, considering how often I use my bike as a grocery getter.

I need to go out and test ride a suzuki burgman 650 or honda silverwing and see how they feel. I'm a bit uncertain about taking corners without a gas tank to hold onto.

Basically, I wave to anyone on two wheels and a motor. I'd wave to bicyclists too, but they'd just get confused (I know motorcyclists are confused when I accidentally wave from my bicycle ).
lostlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:47 AM   #29
gjbedna
Registered Member

My VINO 125 is parked next to the VROD, Sportster, and KLR. They all play nicely together--it's amazing.
gjbedna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You might set the values in your life, but there is no way in hell you set the values for what you own. We do that for you. Sorry.