Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #31
xlntchoice
Registered Member

Default Re: Quick Take on the Nightster

I like it. Strip off the turn signals (put a single tail/brake light above the license plate), add forward controls and 16" apes and I'd like it even more.
xlntchoice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #32
ksquid
Banned

He doesn't.. sarnali you know who and what I am. His was history major who picked up a Visual Basic book learn some syntax now thinks he is an engineer. I have the credentials and you know it. ksickle is slower than the football players I tutored back in college.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #33
ksquid
Banned

email me or call me I'll prove it...
Old 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

The ironheads look better and all those straight cut gears make that neat whirring sound you can hear a block away. Cool.

Ditto on the legroom on the ironheads. I'm 6" and never felt cramped on my '85 XL-61. With flowed heads, decent pipes and an S&S supercarb it'd loft the front wheel on redline powershifts into second. Always a treat.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #35
ksquid
Banned

Default Sorry sarnali

But I suspect if you read his put downs of our company and people you might have a different opinion of kreb ... He learned a little syntax and went with it.. In good times the shortage or programmers/coders gives guys like him opportunity in lean times they are the first to go cause they don't have the fundamentals.. and can only do one thing in one language on one platform.. in one domain..
Old 06-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #36
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Yossef!!!!!

Where ya been?!

Please tell me you are still doing reviews!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #37
bmwclay
Founding Member

Let's see now.......2.9 in travel, 3.9 in ground clearance, spoked rims with tube tires and a cramped riding position with a 26 in seat height, all for 10 large. (plus the 900 buck setup fee, 500 buck destination charge, 1700 buck extended warranty, and 345 dollar mandatory optional security key.

You bet.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #38
OhioSteve
Founding Member

I love the ratio of charisma to dollars. The flat black is badass, no doubt. If I had 10k to spend on a cruiser, this would be on my shortlist.

OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #39
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Sorry sarnali

I'm not really interested in that. I don't know jack sh*t about computers myself, other than combustion control systems I don't have a clue.

I think krebs is alright because he rides daily just like I do in the same traffic I do and the same weather I do.

I do know who you are and I know your position and given that I can't for the life of me understand why you act the way you do here. This is a bike site, I'll grant that you're fairly new at this so what, everyone started sometime. The problem is that you don't seem to want to listen to anybody that does have more experiance.

There's guys on here with over 40 years experiance on a few dozen bikes and what do you do but act like a fool and quote from some MSF handbook? I don't really care whats in the MSF course, advanced course or any other, I earned my skills the hard way as did the rest of us GPTB'ers.

The best thing you can do is drop the act and be cool. You might learn something.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #40
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

My '78 XLH was the same way except all I had was Andrews cams, an adjustable main jet Bendix and drag pipes. What I did have was longer Progressive shocks on the back and Progressive springs with a spacer in the forks plus an 18 / 19 cast wheels with Conti Blitz's on them and flat bars. The bike actually handled good for the period and ran like poop through a goose.

Wish I still had it.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote