Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #41
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Close enough for Govt work i.e. to book you in the King County Jail history majo

Wait a second, you mean there's technology out there to determine how fast something is moving which is not moving directly towards or away from a stationary target?

Wow, guess all those astronomers and NOAA and NASA scientists aren't just guessing.

Thanks for the basic trig. I don't remember that stuff but since it's completely irrelevant to the fact that a RADAR GUN (radar guns don't remember trig either) is useless from a plane I guess I don't care.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #42
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Close enough for Govt work i.e. to book you in the King County Jail history majo

Oh, and by the way, your math will only work if the plane is fixed in the sky genius. Calculus must be senior year.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #43
findangle
Founding Member

it doesnt really matter because do to the above stated points it would be stupidly easy to dismiss as evidence. now if you want to continue to argue how effective it can be to the exclusion of its inadmissibility then im guess its gabe at the helm. (no offence gabe.. i actually like that about you even though we rarely agree for the same reasons. )
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #44
ksquid
Banned

. First the plane doesn't have to fixed if it is moving perpidicular to the road.. plus radar works at the speed of light. . Anytime you want to chat about it in my office .. Plus the radar doesn't need to know trig.. idiot.. it just measuring speed via the frequency shift. That is why there is an error.that can be calculated. Tell you what I'll send you the whole proof.. I'll dumb it down for ya so you don't have to know calculus..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #45
ksquid
Banned

you make no sense at all.. I'll send you the proof too.. I worked it out it really is simple..
Old 06-02-2007, 01:43 AM   #46
ksquid
Banned

The radar gun doesn't have to know trig idiot.. god you are dense I can't believe you worked at Microsoft..
Old 06-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #47
schizuki
Founding Member

"First the plane doesn't have to fixed if it is moving perpidicular to the road."

Well, it'll have to be fixed soon if it's not moving perpendicularily straight up...

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #48
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Bike Culture Barometer: Bike Week 2007

WTF! No pictures of MY bike? I want a refund!

Some great pictures there Fonz, as always. I've been waiting for these and it was worth it.

Still trying to decide if there is a "Knupp". I don't want to consider the possibilities of him being an anonKomous person...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #49
tomk2
Founding Member

LOL... actually there IS airborne radar than can determine ground vehicle speed & direction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-8_Joint_STARS

probably not mounted in many state police Cessenas
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Bike Culture Barometer: Bike Week 2007

Really. All you need is a watch and a pad of paper and a pencil. Or maybe a cheap handheld calculator.

Unless you are a MOron 'cause they apparently need a Cray computer and a NASA interferometer to calculate speed.