Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #81
Redbeard77
Registered Member

Default Re: So Long, Gabe.

Where are these reviews of single models you mentioned? And do they include contact info?

Good luck Gabe. You moto journos really have a great job, despite what JB and others say.
Redbeard77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #82
pittsguy
Founding Member

Gabe,

Sorry to see you go, but I hope that your departure is to a better place. A place where the Espresso is always flowing, the motorcycles are plentiful and there's not a rounded out phillips head screw within 100 miles....Sorry to hear about the CB550 project. I just finished my third bike restoration, a 1982 Suzuki GS750E, and after going through 3 gas tanks, 2 paint jobs, 2 carburetor rebuilds and numerous Ebay parts expeditions, I have a running, ridable motorcycle and a lifelong desire to never, ever restore a basket case motorcycle ever again. Like drinking too much, this desire will last only long enough until the next time....

You are preceeded in your departure by an illustrious cast of motojournalists: Minime, Hackfu, JohnnyB, Dirty, and countless others. As with all of the previous departures, I am both saddened and optimistic.

Vaio Con Dios Mi Amigo
pittsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #83
findangle
Founding Member

interesting thought.. i know a guy that lives near me with a 350 powered jag.. but never the other way around..
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #84
ksquid
Banned

Ok you MOrons Pete and Fonz still work here. Pete has already developed into a very good writer and has great upside potential. Fonz gets the best photographs on the web.. Also MO has the greatest battle between good and evil in motorcycling i.e the GMP (God's own choice) vs. the evil GPTB.

[i]

kpaul the Great Motorcycle Prophet (GMP)

sez

Long live MO and the GMP

*GPTB Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood is a pending trade mark of kpaul ltd.

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #85
12er
Founding Member

I predate the message boards, think MO was only a couple months when I first became a regular back in the 90's.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #86
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I just got here myself. Who the hell was the Gabe guy anyway?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #87
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm still not sure how Pete and the Fonz are gonna take to being called "neofascist rightwing soddomites."
Old 04-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #88
seruzawa
The Toad

Nobody is quite sure but rumor has it that Pete decided to ease him out after he started showing up to work with big cigars, wearing fatigues, carrrying an AK-47 and saying that he was planning to rename MO the "People's Revolutionary Motorcycle Re-education Collective".

Even that wasn't so bad but the 6 hour long meetings where he blamed all MO's problems on the Dole Corporation made all the big stockholders nervous.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #89
ba6r0ty
Registered Member

What's the surprise here? I see in the article over at Cycleworld.com that gabe asks if he was "..at the right place at the right time". It should be the right AGE at the right time.

Cycle World needs a fresh, new face. So why not find one to mold into what they want?

Young and photogenic yes but he's no Peter Egan!

LOL

ba6r0ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #90
ksquid
Banned

Default GPTB

Take notice GPTB.. The world is changing.. Good post ba6r0ty... He is the right age to give them fresh ideas..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote