Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-23-2001, 07:38 PM   #11
Haga
Founding Member

Default Re: Alpinestars Dyno Jacket Reader Feedback

I'll sidestep commenting on Danielle's looks(not that she's not attractive) as well as writing a novella on my opinions on what people should and shouldn't wear.

The review was fine. I might recomend something like this to my wife, or sister... or someone else who doesn't ride. I guess I'm kind of at a loss as to how this review was so great when the author never even rode a bike with it on. I don't think I'm nitpicking here when I say I think in order to properly evaluate riding gear you need to be the one doing the riding not just hanging on the back of someone's scoot. How do the sleeves react to things like moving a hand to open a faceshield or vents on a helmet? Do the shoulders move well when you're tipping into a corner? Does the back ride up if you go into a tuck?

I hate to complain here because you guys are one of the few places that actually do somewhat regular reviews of gear, but come on... how many people there have a liscense, ride in the real world everyday(no I don't consider MSF the real world- it's usually in a parking lot or at a track), that could have done this test and given us a bit more relevant information? Danielle did a great job reviewing the jacket based on the experiences she had, but this is getting kind of ridiculous. I'm glad other people are willing to pay for the content here, but I still am of the mind that this site has slowly but surely taken a downturn after funds were asked for and I'm not about to put my $$ into something when I keep getting the impression that in 3 mos. I'd want my money back. One final gripe and I'll be done, did you really have to wait on the TT600 to know it would come in last in a couple weeks?
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2001, 08:02 PM   #12
desertbilly
Founding Member

Default You're teasing us, aren't you

Danielle could have been on any bike, but you had to put her on that black FZ-1. Now it's going to be like the ugly 600 supersport insurrection of 2001.
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 03:00 AM   #13
Hamrhd
Founding Member

You like to flap your gums alot, don't ya !
Hamrhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:25 AM   #14
TitaniumCanoe
Founding Member

Default Re: FZ-1!!!!

Yes!
TitaniumCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:28 AM   #15
TitaniumCanoe
Founding Member

Don't you think the leather is a little thin?
TitaniumCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 07:28 AM   #16
Ace
Founding Member

MO staff- how about a review of the Alpinestar Haga jacket?
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 07:31 AM   #17
BurningSquid
Founding Member

Default Re: Chapter 2 (or Much Ado About Nothing)

I'm an MSF Instructor (Rider/Coach) and I don't understand the reference about jeans. I personally encourage students to wear jeans instead of sweatpants, shorts, swimwear. Jeans are a tightly woven garment that could fail if subjected to a fall, but we try to encourage riders to keep the rubber side down. For the 99.99999999999% of the time when we hope you aren't surfing the pavement, jeans are a good choice of preventing muffler burns, sunburn, and small particle debris.

Bill
BurningSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 07:36 AM   #18
elitegroup
Founding Member

Wow is that danielle in the pictures? Well I dont like the looks of the jacket, but ummmm she really makes it look good. Can we get some more product reviews on the parts side of life? I'm really interested in new rotors for my R-1, but I dont want to spend a sh*t load of cash. Anyone tell me if EBC Pro lite race rotors are better or as good as stock? I know brembo's and PFM's are really nice, but like I said I don't want to spend all that cash. Appreciate the help my fellow readers and riders please let me know.

......R.R. Phoenix, AZ.
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:15 PM   #19
Shaft
Founding Member

You deserve the "Perfect reply of the month award". What you said is absolutely true and on the mark. Your common sense could do some good on this site... aply for a job!

P.S. Us normal people all knew the TT600 would suck but MO needed material so they wrote a good but predictable review of the B.P.O.S. (british piece of @#it).
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 05:33 PM   #20
elitegroup
Founding Member

I must admit I fell asleep before finishing this book. Hey maybe next time you can shorten your review to just one paragraph so we might not all laugh at you.
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote