Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #41
yossef
Founding Member

Default Hi Steve

It's time to confess that some 5 years ago MO's Ashley sent me a pair of Held "Steve" gloves (http://www.heldusa.com/steve.htm) that I was supposed to review.

The time has come to publish the veredict: they still work as new. Quality is pretty amazing to say the least, checked them just now and there is not even one stitch that has come un-done. As I average about 15,000 miles a year and used those Helds mostly, I guess they have at least a good 60K of riding on them and the end doesnt look near.

One low speed low side marked the rivets some but other than that they are perfect.

-Yossef-
yossef is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #42
orcyclist
Founding Member

Default Re: Held Ice Breaker Gauntlet Gloves

Living here in rainy Oregon I know a fair thing or two about riding in rain and cold. I have heated grips, and "brush guards" from a GS on my BMW RS and a heated vest. I commute about 35 minutes each way daily and have yet to have wet or cold hands. Let's just say that I often find my speedo pointing to the far side of the legal limit. My usual winter temps range from 20's (only if dry) to the mid 30Â’s.

I use Held gloves daily and can attest to their quality. My solution to rain protection is to go to the local industrial supply and get some relatively thin rubber gloves which I put OVER my Held gloves. Dry - off with the gloves and into the tank bag. Wet -out come the gloves. I retain all of the impact and abrasion protection from my gloves regardless of meteorological conditions. I did get caught one afternoon by a "surprise" snow, but that's another story. One side benefit to all this wet (and cold and dark in the winter) riding is that my comfort level in these conditions is just about the same as it is in the dry. When I take a trip I feel confident that I will not encounter conditions that I have not been in many times before.

SoCal - Center of Which universe? You guys don't even ride if it cloudy, do you? Oh, poor baby!

Old 03-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #43
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Great timing MO!

Da! She is Hot to Trotsky! You think she is to be Putin-outski if enough Vodka is poured past her mustache and gums?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #44
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Two CRITICAL missing items in this review:

F*ck, Seattle + any ice + cellphone-talking, latte-drinking, idiotic f*cking idiots = bad times. You can be walking and it sucks. People in this town can not drive.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #45
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Assless?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #46
jasonlion54
Founding Member

Default Re: Two CRITICAL missing items in this review:

Haha. Could not agree more. You people may have laughed at the shooting-while-riding article, but I printed it and took it to my local gunshop. F*ck Seattle drivers indeed.
jasonlion54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #47
DaveFla
Founding Member

Default Re: Hi Steve

I have a pair of about that vintage, though I don't do anything like your annual mileage. The kangaroo leather palms and Pittards backs have performed as advertised - wearing slowly where they've worn at all.

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #48
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Any company that has the brass to name pairs of gloves "Steve" and "Akira" has my vote. I know where I'm getting my next pair boxing gloves....

GOB
Old 04-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #49
SRMark
Founding Member

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm in the Maryland mountains. It's gonna be near 80 today and in the mid 20s tomorrow night. Spring time in the MD mountains. It'll crack yer nut.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote