Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #21
dorkboy
Registered Member

Default BRAVO!

It's the next big thing. Whether it's 5 minutes or 50 years, who knows, but I think its pretty cool that stunters are making some $ for as long as it lasts. As my son would say, they have some mad skills, and I'm both jealous and glad that I'm too old to have had Jason Britten as a hero instead of Eddie Lawson. Every time I ride out of my neighborhood, some 8 year old kid hikes his arms in the now universal " do a wheelie!" request , and part of me wishes I could oblige them. Since all of my best wheelies have been unintentional, scared the p!ss out of me, and lost me about 10 places by the first corner, I don't have the skills, but part of me sure wishes I did.

Sure some corporations are going to make some cash off of the trend too. Good on them too, that's what corporations do well. Street gear has been moving in this direction for about 3 years. Joe Rocket still hasn't caught up with Icon in this regard, but they will. If corporate sponsorship means less people are busting themselves up on the streets and practicing in a more controlled environment, that's all to the good.

I have to admit I like watching them work. The last time some guy on an R1 came by me sitting on the tank with his feet over the windscreen I couldn't resist pulling in behind him and running interference. Bravo!
dorkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #22
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: This Sounds Familiar

Only a matter of time? You should come join MO on a team building trust exercise with our buddy "Captain Insano..." pre-rashed helmets are provided with your admission free...

[see: azwheelieride.com]
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #23
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Daytona Stunta Report

Great stuff Jeremiah , Love this stuff.. Can't wait to see this stuff in the flesh. Be great if they would follow the AMA road race series around the country. Between races it would be way cool to watch this stuff. Thanks Jeremiah great pictures..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #24
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: This Sounds Familiar

Yes, the fee is free... oops.

-Fonz
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #25
ksquid
Banned

"But if you look around at events like Bike Week, most of the riders are over 50. The industry doesn't expect the cruiser fascination to last forever and everyone is looking for new blood, younger riders. It's imperative from a business point of view."

[i][b]

kpaul sez times are changing and kpaul loves change...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Racing is a lot like golf. Fun to do but dead boring to watch. But that free style stuff.... how many times can you see the same exact stunts over and over? I don't care if it's stunt jumping or snowboard half-pipe.......zzzzzzz.

Judged "competitions" are a sure sign of the collapse of civilzation.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 PM   #27
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Well, keep looking under and around vending machines and in payphone slots - if you look hard, you might find enough to buy yourself a personality in 50 or 60 years.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

1) Cruisers are more forgiving for older bodies. I doubt we'll see many 50+ stuntas on sportbikes in 30 years. Either they'll move to cruisers (or sporty standards), or they'll give up riding. If they're in it just for the stunting, bye bye.

2) Of course most people at Bike Week are over 50. Number one, it's the biggest generational cohort. Number two, when you're twenty, you have time but no money; when you're forty, you have money but no time; when you're over 50, you have time and money.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #29
TheFox
Founding Member

"Dude, and when I'm done....check this! I'm going to throw the bike down, and then F*#&in' stand on it, right? The crowd's gonna go NUTZ!"

Originality my ass. The only difference between competitive stunting and figure skating is less hot chicks. Although I bet I can find a lot of Tonya Hardings at a stuntaz rally.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #30
bk6a
Founding Member

It stinks and I don't like it.

If a judge decides a winner, it ain't a sport.
bk6a is offline   Reply With Quote