Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-22-2001, 04:43 AM   #31
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Re: What would you ask a 500 GP Racer?

I'd ask:

1. Who do you think would win if all the bikes were completely equal?

2. Do you know of anyone who cheats?

3. Which rules should be thrown out, and which should be implemented?

NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2001, 05:48 AM   #32
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default That is some of the biggest misinformation i

explain to me, einstein, about 3 liter outboard motors. oh, i guess they only turn 2000 rpms according to your "theory", right?. there are 2stroke dragbikes, but you have to go to a dragstrip to see them, which you've obviously never done in your life. H2 750's are the very fastest bikes in the 750 class - they just can't give away 750cc's to the 1500's that dominate pro-stock. i wouldn't go blabbing this crap you wrote to too many message boards, unless of course you don't care if people think you know nothing
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 06:53 AM   #33
superbikefan
Founding Member

Whoa...these questions would really hit too close to home I'm afraid, great points. For those not aware, this rider had signed a letter of intent with Suzuki for WSB and backed out at the last minute, really screwing Suzuki. The reality of this questionable career move is exactly as you describe it- apparantly a big mistake, at least so far. It would be interesting to hear a real honest answer, if he could bring himself to admit it.
superbikefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 06:55 AM   #34
gpfanatic21
Founding Member

Do you think that with the supposed surplus of horsepower in the new four-strokes next year we'll get to see more rear-wheel steering? And if that's the case, won't dirt-trackers and motocrossers again become the dominant force in GP racing? I really hope so!!

It looks to me like Valentino Rossi has a Doohanesque way of riding really fast. His body positioning is way different, but he seems to ride the front really hard into the corners, then he gets beautiful drives out of them. The other Italians just rush into the corners and that's it. Is that kind of true? And how in the world does Garry McCoy save his tires better than a perfectly smooth rider like Kenny Roberts? Does Roberts spin his tire much? If he does you can hardly ever tell on TV because he is so smooth.

I can't wait to see you on the podium at Donington!
gpfanatic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 09:26 AM   #35
BurningSquid
Founding Member

Are the umbrella girls as good looking in real life as they are on the telly? Just kidding.

How much does the "business" aspect of GP racing affect the actual racing?

Bill Ruiz
BurningSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 12:53 PM   #36
pistonbroke
Founding Member

Default Re: cheats

there is only two types of motor-racers....' cheats'

& ' losers' and we all love cheats. (and cheating)
pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 05:08 PM   #37
BlainetheMono
Founding Member

When you do a controlled (?) power slide into a corner @ high speed, do you think you've got it totally down pat, hey, just like back home on my lil ring ding, or is your heart in your throat??

BlainetheMono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 05:34 PM   #38
MrSpucial
Founding Member

Default This is what a 15yr old would ask...

1. if you're ever street riding do you automatically see race lines, spotting apexes and whatnot?

2. Do you have some kind of super-duper license that lets you drive as crazy as possible because you can?? (I know the whole role-model thing, but I drive a bike too)

3. If you have children, would you get them immedietally on bikes or as far away as possible?

4. What kind of goodies do you get from your racing company and sponsors?
MrSpucial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 08:49 PM   #39
samboe64
Founding Member

If you could only own two street legal motorcycles which would you choose and why?
samboe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 01:24 AM   #40
Louwtjie
Founding Member

Good idea, this asking a GP rider any kind of question about the sport of GP racing.

No disrespect intended, but I would like to ask someone that has actually ridden a real GP500 race before... which has followed McCoy into a turn, watching a power-slide ... tried to get away from a lightning Rossi ... and feeling the pressure of a SO consistent Roberts behind you.

Asking the Stalker to explain to me how a GP bike feels compared to a GSXR1000 ... or an R1 in my case ... won't do me any good; and just confuse the hell out of him.

I am sure that even his Suzi 750 ( BSB ) kicked the hell out of any roadbike in circulation... so a 2 to 4 stoke comparison will do no good.

Question: What I would like to ask him are to run through his approach to a turn, for argument sake, coming down a main straight in 6'th gear ... starting from JUST before he hit the breaks.

Just a step by step note untill the bike is fully upright ( after the turn, and full power is applied ).

His riding style and technique are much more valuable to me than his impressions of a NSR500 2-stroker compared to his GSXR750 he had.... neither of which I've ever owned, and ever will... or can.

Thank you.
Louwtjie is offline   Reply With Quote