Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #11
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100

I hate to admit it but it is hard to get past the looks of this bike, I think it is stylistically schizophrenic. Matching the rear, somehow, with the front would seem the best easy (?) cure. Maybe a luggage rack tail piece (side cases too?) would help the look. I think going back to the drawing board styling wise wouldn't be bad, it sounds like a good bike...

Thanks for the test Yossef. I particularly enjoyed the "half smoked" cigarette one, it is the Best. Helmet on the mirror, leaning against the bike, casual, smilin'...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #12
fumanchu
Founding Member

whether or not motorcycles are supposed to be emotional objects or not, they inevitably become, through the gamut of feelings they call forth, emotional objects.

...attachment, lust, jealously, fear, shame, bliss, excitement, pain, remorse, incontinence (is that an emotion?) ...

to ride a motorcycle is to indulge in the passions that make you human.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #13
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Cigarettes

You've never "half-smoked" a cigarette in your life. I wonder if Ducati can get Terblech to design an iron lung?

Old 03-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #14
schizuki
Founding Member

Good call taking so many pictures of the bike in the dark, by the way.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #15
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I agree, at even close to legal street speeds the Riders control of a "standard" style bike CAN be better than a "sport" style, the slower you're going the bigger the advantage IMHO. Evasive manuvers anyone? As proof I offer the modern Motocross bike or the Tuono. Ever see a Motocrosser or Flattracker with clip-ons for extra speed?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Cigarettes

Ok ok! Make that leaning against the bike coughing then.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

The difference between a racereplica and a bike like this are quite striking when you get out on the often nasty washboarded roads in the Rockies. A supersport is going to be faster in perfect conditions. How often do you have that? I can take you on roads out here that would have you in tears after an hour on a 999 while a Bandit rider would be smiling. One of these looks mighty tempting.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #18
ofreen
Registered Member

It is fun to ride. So why aren't they everywhere?

1. It is funny looking.

2. It has desmodromic valve actuatation, a pointless and expensive complication these days.

3. The S version lists for 14 grand.

Three strikes and you are out.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Hmm. Well first off the local Ducati dealer doesn't ever seem to have any bikes left over from the prior year. I'm not sure then what constitutes a 'failure'.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #20
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Cigarettes

On Sunday mornings, Long, Long, ago, in a place Far, Far away (but not too far from you)... frequently. Way worth the nickel "wasted" back then. Hell, the effect is so Cool I'da done it even if I didn't smoke! It's kinda like that after sex smoke... total satisfaction.

PS It's on now! You know you won't be able to keep up with me at Daytona!!!

(in your rental car)