Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #61
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Three for Five: Budget Bombers

Screaming deal!
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #62
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I was noticing that as well. I am looking forward to the new KLR after having watched "The long way around". Those 1200GS's looked like Gold Wings out there. I think KLR's would have made the trip half as hard, at least.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #63
seruzawa
The Toad

I haven't even seen 5 Savages total in my entire life. How would one get experience with them?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #64
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default KPaul

Please post from one and only one name.

Though I do like the Depeche Mode email address.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #65
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Do you know if the new KLR is completely revamped (meaning the motor) or is it more cosmetic and improved ride components?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #66
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Old and Hidden In The Garage

Yes, they can ALL arrive back on the same day as a group of street riders on thier liter bikes. If you're concerned about being "fast" on the street, don't buy a bigger/faster bike; become a better/faster rider instead.

If you think a faster bike = faster rider, you don't have much experience around competent riders.

I'll bet Pete Brissette could jump on a KLR 650 and finish a typical day's street ride with your group at the same time the rest of your group finished. Unless of course your ride ends with a deserted five-mile straight, or your group is populated by lobotomized MotoGP-talented guys with absolutely no regard for others... guys who would ride a Superbike near its limits on public roads for eight hours at a time.

-Sean
Old 02-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #67
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

There is a link in the article about the upgraded '08 KLR. They have apparently addressed all the major "issues" owners had including increasing HP. Looks to me like it might be a stage 1 engine upgrade away from the being the perfect "Adventure" bike.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #68
ksquid
Banned

Default Guys guys Guys.

No I bought it at RMC its a YUSA Kawasaki brand.. I guess they have to ship it that way to avoid discharge leakage etc. It has a plastic test tube for each cell. The parts guy says that they all come that way. My bad it says it maintenance free , I guess after you pour in the acid.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #69
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Hyosung

Remember all the cracks about those funny little pot-metal Japanese motorcycles back in the Sixties?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #70
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I wonder if the price will be close to the same or if they've upgraded that, too.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote