Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #51
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Other riders won't mess with me...

As soon as they see me start to un-bungee the milk crate, they know they're in for a whippin'

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #52
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Re: Gluge

What if I ride someone else's cruiser regularly though? Why must we label?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #53
Gluge
Registered Member

Definatly, the double standard is rather elitist. I wouldn't recomend doing the speedlimit though, you'll get run over from behind on the freeways of CA doing the speedlimit. (when they're flowing)

On the plus side at least on a motorcycle your chance of killing someone else is much lower.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #54
sopwith
Founding Member

Semantics, semantics. Just don't get in the path of a Sport bike rider, especially one on an

ole EX500.
sopwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:04 PM   #55
dukew
Founding Member

Default Re: Slow Down!

Never try to kick in the door -- you could lose your balance. I heartily recommend taking the side mirrors off instead. Of course, now some of them have mirrors that just bend out of the way, so be sure to come down on the mirror from above. That will bend it severely if it doesn't break it completely off. Another good choice is the radio antenna, which also makes an excellent improvised weapon in a pinch. Of course, a hammer also works well on glass, but you would have to be a raving psychotic to do any of these things (snicker). The sad part is that these baby-raping child molesters in SUVs always think they're justified (called the police, did they -- see what I mean?). I had one try so hard to hit me that she actually hit a bobtail truck, and then tried to blame the damage on me. The investigating officer wasn't amused -- he rides a bike every day, and knows what kind of stark, staring lunatics we share the roads with. Just remember, a .357 may feel good in your hand, but the recoil will flat knock you off the bike (what a shame I can't get my hands of a 75mm recoilless rifle....).
dukew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #56
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: I am here to say...

"but I can't keep up with him unless I'm really trying and he isn't."

When we weren't riding in a group and he was just running what looked like his "normal" speed I had to just let him go, big time. I am comfortable lane-splitting and seem quicker than most at it IMHO! It must really be something to watch him "in a hurry", WFO in top gear?

"I don't think he's a danger to anybody and he is very smooth."

Yep.

I want a video (and a Che Gabriel/MOron t-shirt)!

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 AM   #57
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Re: Other riders won't mess with me...

Years ago I used to know a guy with a wooden leg who rode a Triumph. It was when you saw him bungee his wooden leg to the tank so the slipstream wouldn't catch it and rip it off that you knew he was in the mood for serious speed - and you knew, too, that he was going to beat you.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 AM   #58
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Maybe one day we can all be as cool as you are.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 AM   #59
fumanchu
Founding Member

many of these comments start out with good intention, but then end up degrading into the realm of "then i done showed that cager/uppity female/4-year old tricycler who was boss...but i un'nerstand what you mean, pete."

what would brian boitano do? that ever wander through your bean, bubkus?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:04 AM   #60
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I love the scooter/chopper photo.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote