Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #21
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Slow Down!

My competitive nature comes out in a different way. I don't feel the need to "race" you, I feel the need to make your technique look stupid while I cruise along(not you Pete). In my car, I like to kick up the pace and not change lanes or tail-gate and watch you cut 10 cars off and end up 50 feet in front of me.

Same on a bike, when the chance shows itself, I just cruise right by without a chance you have the room or power to pull a bike in a straight up race.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #22
sopwith
Founding Member

You poor arrogant --- . This is why alot of drivers would like to run you down.
sopwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #23
Cryptoman
Registered Member

How true!
Cryptoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:08 PM   #24
Cryptoman
Registered Member

Yeah, what is it with that advertising? I've all but given up being able to enjoy a performance car on today's crowded roads. Time to buy a Cadillac and sink into the heated seat.
Cryptoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:19 PM   #25
ksquid
Banned

Default Great stuff Pete

Well when I had sports car I used to drive like an ass.. until the day I almost killed someone. That accident scared the crap out of me. So I don't drive aggressively in cars anymore. I do find myself driving aggressively scratch that I mean assertively on my bike. After commuting on my bike for two years.. I found assertive riding safer. I point to the lane I am merging in with a confident wave of my arm. No doubt my all black gear with yellow armour knuckles on the gloves makes a difference.

Anyway I found the worst folks on the freeway in Seattle to be:

[*]Women in SUVs on cell phones. 2 close calls These *****es would not signal and drove like they owned every inch of the pavement including the lane you are in. The bigger the SUV the worse they are. Their favorite gig is to move into the HOV lane going well below the speed limit not signaling of course. right in front of you when you are going 70
[*]Guys in little Honda Civics with the after market pipes etc. They think they can race you
[*]Local truckers i.e moving vans, delivery trucks, dump trucks etc. Seems they love to tail gate makes them feel like a man I guess Long haul guys are usually the safest drivers in my opinion.
[*]In Seattle they have a tradition of driving slow in the fast lane.. Sometimes if you pass these idiots on the right they will speed up and then tail gate you. For gods sake don't flip your brights that will most likely have them do the passive aggressive thing of slowing way way down

I noticed areas of tension in traffic.. [*]Any interchange is especially clover leafs with the infamous collector distributor lanes are the worse. You have competitive types and the passive I don't like confrontations types clashing.
[*]Also in Washington there are no yield signs on the entrance ramps. Even though it is in the drivers manual that you should folks think they have the right away

[b][i]But in general folks in Seattle are much safer and polite than other parts of the country I am sure Pete would find it tame compared to SoCal

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM   #26
ksquid
Banned

Yep I usually cruise in the fast lane 10 mph above the speed limit going with the fast lane flow with my detector on. Usually some guy in a Civic will come up from behind and swerve in and out. Most of time the guy ends up two cars ahead of me on the exit ramp..
Old 01-31-2007, 06:26 PM   #27
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

So I speed a little on the highway. It's one of my (bad) habits. So me and the boys are riding back to town this summer after a little evening ride out to the beach. There's about 7 or 8 of us riding together. I'm in the lead and I notice there's a bunch of bikes riding in pairs coming past our group. I held my speed to see who it was. Oops, it's a bunch of Harleys. They got the big handlebars and the forward controls, beanie helmets, tank tops blowing in the breeze. Making lots of noise! I let about 5 or 6 go by and then there's a bit of a gap so I slide on into their group. Time to have some fun. We pass another car and then the right lane is open. These boys are not switching lanes. They own the passing lane. So I drop into the right hand lane, give the GSXR a little tweak on the throttle and it's bye, bye, Harley bros. I slow down again and check my mirrors. Here they come. Somehow they've found a little more speed and now they're really humping. Probably pushing 85mph. I let 'em get close, then pull the vanishing act again. I can't help myself. It's just too funny watching them strain against the wind. I slow down again. This time there's only a couple of them coming. They must be pushing close to 100mph now. Wait, wait, drop a couple gears for better effect, and the GSXR kicks into warp drive. We're getting close to town so I'm praying for no cops tonight. Cranked it through the offramp and I'm back in the big city. Thing is, I'm sure the Harley boys would have had quite a chuckle if they had led us back to town. Slow down? Sure, I'll slow down but not when the Harley bros. are trying to set the pace. I don't care what the Beatles said. I just can't "Let it be."
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #28
ksquid
Banned

"I just can't "Let it be."" From one squid to another that was beautiful man..
Old 01-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #29
Gluge
Registered Member

uh? because of the car I drive? or because I split lanes legaly?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #30
sopwith
Founding Member

Default Re: GSXR PUP

You're sooo cool. Can I touch you - you arrogant sob. Like I said before - this is why some would love to run you over.
sopwith is offline   Reply With Quote