Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #91
maladg
Registered Member

Default Slammed Scooter

Bad Dog!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #92
fumanchu
Founding Member

Default Re: Slow Down!

...but what... power, in that one nut? what undeniable righteousness in that one male sexual gland, putting so boldly to rout all that is not sanctified?!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:29 AM   #93
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

true, true.....I stand humbled

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #94
staff
Registered Member

Sage advice from a salty veteran. Indeed, many of the older, English couriers in L.A. are the elite of the elite. I think little else compares to couriering in a London winter. --Pete
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #95
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Go with the Flow

Cops are attracted to shiny, fast moving objects, especially if they behave erratically.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #96
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

It always seemed to me that it's a whole different mindset on a motorcycle. A stretch of road that is a part of every riders map around Napa had some construction going on for what seemed to be the half the year. When our direction was stopped, we bikers thought 'cool- I'll move to the head of the line, B.S. with the flag person a bit, and know I would not be impeded by cars for a while when we got the 'green flag'. You can't think like that in a car. Or, at least, you shouldn't, because you are likely stuck behind ten or twenty cars, and two or three of them are going to excrusiatingly slow, because that's just how things are.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #97
ValkBandit
Registered Member

"another environment where Man's prehistoric pulse still beats?"

if a dirt-riding squid sails off a cliff in a deep, dark forest, but no one is there to hear the "thud" when he strikes the 50-year-old eucalyptus tree, does he make a sound?
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #98
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I used to drone up and down 101 once a week, Bay Area to Santa Barbara. Lot's of empty spaces. Once in a while, I would get someone who would come up behind me, and just hang there. If I sped up, he would speed up. If I slowed down, he (or she) would slow down. If I went to Cruise Control, they would hand behind me, creeping closer and closer as the miles went by.

We would usually be the only two cars on the road. The first few times this happened, I wondered if this was why some people carry guns when they travel. Over time, I came to realize that what they were was sheep. They wanted someone to tell them how fast to go. Wierd.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #99
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: I am here to say...

Find some place that's got that grated stuff that makes your tires go all squirmy. We used to have a bridge with that stuff near where I live. Anyone on two wheels who had never encountered it before was transformed into the soul of caution by the time they reached the other end.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #100
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Well, if you're in the fast lane and someone comes up behind you, aren't you supposed to pull over and let them by?