Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Godzilla Cruisers Shootout

Wow don't have time to read it now...My wife thinks I am sleeping... I have to be at work by 7 as always.. Super pictures, my favorite looking bike, the Star, placed first. Suzuki looks nice too. Harley Springer looks old...Can't believe the Harley costs so much.. Heck I would go straight to the VRod.. I'll read the rest of the review during lunch.. Nice to see Buz along for the ride...[b][i] You guys are doing great work these days. Can't wait to read it..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2007, 01:54 AM   #2
ironbutter
Founding Member

Default Re: Godzilla Cruisers Shootout--Where's the Rocket???

You left out Triumph's Rocket III 2300, the king of ALL cruisers you can call "motorcycle" with a straight face (excluding Frankenstein hybrids with automotive drivetrains like the BossHoss).

You usually include Triumph in other shootouts where they have a real contender. They're now back to being a mainstream marque even if they don't have a $tealer in every town with a Walmart yet. So what's your excuse for not including them this time???
ironbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:56 AM   #3
JmalB
Premium Member

Default Re: Godzilla Cruisers Shootout--Where's the Rocket???

Losing the last comparo it was in might have something to do with it. Or not.
JmalB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
brenro
Founding Member

Lowest performing. Torturous to ride. Ridiculous price. Sounds like the latest Harley.
brenro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
anrajala
Founding Member

This alone is worth about three years subscription! No time for comments I have packers in the house (finally moving back to Finland!) and even this I am writing this secretly from my wife in the toilet with my Communicator.

But hey bloody good job guys!!!

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:12 AM   #6
phixer
Registered Member

Shouldn't it read Baby Godzilla Cruisers? Once again you are dorks miss the boat.... You call them Godzilla cruisers? Please The Great Godzilla is large and powerful and imposes great fear upon its opponents the only bike that does that is the Triumph Rocket. Out in the real world the only bike that comes close to hanging with the Rocket is the M109 and that is if the Rocket rider throttle wrist is tired from all the riding he has been doing. Just as the citizens go run and hide when Godzilla shows up, that is what happens when the Rocket shows up all of these bikes pull over, have to make a quick turn down a dead end road or into a parking lot. You set these bikes and a Rocket next to them anywhere and I guarantee the Rocket gets the attention, out performs and out handles all of these bikes. I think a shake up is due at www.motorcycle.com someone is asleep at the wheel.
phixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:29 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, actually the BossHoss turns the Rocket into a poof bike.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm asuming my royalty check is in the mail for your use of my "Godzilla Cruiser" appellation?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:55 AM   #9
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Oh, boy.

It's MO Forum Mad Libs.

Can we just swap out all the power cruising b!tching of "Where's the M109R?" from that forum and insert it here with "Where's the Rocket III?"

And judging by this:

"Unfortunately, that's where the fun ends with the biggest Triumph, because the Rocket III is in serious need of a major suspension overhaul. The stock shocks appear to be little more than sliding chrome tubes covered with a wimpy yet shiny spring. This causes the Rocket III to wallow excessively, to the point of causing the Rocket's steering to feel inconsistent. They are so bad, I'd throw them in the paddock pond at Suzuka, were I in Japan. Ok, perhaps I'm being too harsh. The shocks are really only a problem if you ride over 25mph, so I suppose they won't be an issue for Shriners."

I'm guessing the Rocket would have been last or second to last at best.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:41 AM   #10
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Vrod? Look closer Lenin.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote