Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2007 Buell Lightning XB12STT (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/4248-2007-buell-lightning-xb12stt.html)

ksquid 01-24-2007 11:16 AM

Re: 2007 Buell Lightning XB12STT

Great thing about having 3 dogs is that I know and my vets says its true, that dogs are happier and live longer when they have other dogs to play with.. i.e. Buell can still sell mutts but a new American pure breed would have fun in your backyard too.

acecycleins 01-24-2007 11:26 AM

KP,

I am, in most cases on point with you, but in this case let me enlighten you on something. W didn't create the fed deficit. The House and Senate did. These guys spend money like no ones business. Should W veto spending bills? Yes- that's truly on him. But fact is, the Fed deficit was created by our elected officials. As for the trade deficit- It's bunk. If China and anyone else invests money in our economy what happens? It stays in our economy. These countries invest in our debt relief because we have the best economic system in the "free trade" world. They will see a higher rate of return leaving their money in our bonds, t-bills and such. They won't see nearly the return if invested in their own economies.

Proof? Here's 'yer sign http://www.townhall.com/columnists/W...ts_good_or_bad

Trade deficits are not bad. Over-spending is. Fical spending is screwed by those we elect. If they would not waste (like it's even possible in DC) and only paid for the things that are budgeted the debt would be erased in a few years not decades. Remember, since the "dreaded Bush tax cuts" revenues are WAY up. So money is there. It's like we need a comptroller for the gov't to keep the politicians from over-spending the revenue.

ksquid 01-24-2007 12:29 PM

Thanks for the constructive criticism of my agrument

Thanks for the intelligent counter point.. I heard bits and pieces of some of the things you point out. But you articulated these points in a great plausible argument. Is my Bush hatred clouding my judgment and analysis probably.. I hope things work out like you say.. The crowding out of public investment (key to the long term health of our economy is the thing I am most worried about) Thanks again.

acecycleins 01-24-2007 12:53 PM

Re: Thanks for the constructive criticism of my agrument

Being a Libitarian helps with my sanity. I don't like many of things that happen in this White House, but facts are on my side. We spend because that's what our politicians like to do the most. Reality is, if we could run a gov't like a Fortune 500 business then spending money that is not earned would be curbed. Simply, we've had 41 straight months of jobs growth, the lowest unemployment figures in decades (maybe ever) and revenue for the Fed is up. If we could cut the "pork barrel spending" then the rest of the economy would come back into check. Never trust the elected officals and they will stay in check, too. Too many people believe that the gov't is what makes this country good- they're foolish and wrong. It's the people and our "free trade" economy and Freedom (which some care less about these days) that make the country great.

See ya KP gotta go home and be a dad.

If any of you ever make it to ATL stop by Atlanta Triumph Ducati and say "Hi". I'll also be working the CW IMS in ATL, the Barber AMA race, Rd ATL AMA race and VIR AMA races this season- so stop by the ACE booth and introduce yourselves. Thanks ya'll good night- Remember to tip your bartenders and waitresses ;-) Kirk

seruzawa 01-24-2007 12:54 PM

20% of the posts again. Whodathunk?

ksquid 01-24-2007 01:00 PM

Atlanta via

Excellent Points Thanks will do my little smarter brother lives in Atlanta. My dream this summer is to go race longride and Buz in SoCal and then go cross country over to Atlanta up to DC to visit big sis and than back to see the my other sis in Wyoming (near Sturgis SD)

I'll stop by longride's Chicago to rub it in again.. Then down to see the folks in Colorado and back home through Utah. I'll make sure I feed the doberman's in Seruzawa's compound as I ride by..

TheFox 01-24-2007 01:08 PM

If they name it the Buell Kaboom, I'm down.

--Foxy

TheFox 01-24-2007 01:18 PM

Re: Atlanta via nowhere.

So, because I have no other job I figure that I can start as a bookie. So, I'm offering 20 to 1 odds that this doesn't happen. Place your bets; cash only.

--Foxy

nweaver 01-24-2007 01:27 PM

Its not the power, but the power BAND...

The power is actually pretty good. Not great, but decent. Its the power band thats dreadful:

The engine only runs at all from 3k to 6k RPM. This is worse than a Japanese 600 supersport which works from 6k to 13k.

An SV650, in contrast, is good from 3k to 10k, and since it makes within 10hp of the 1L buells, its far nicer for riding around because of the flat torque curve.

A Buell with an SV650 or SV1000 engine would totally rock.

longride 01-24-2007 02:10 PM

Re: Atlanta via nowhere.

I'll take half that action.