Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #41
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Race Kit

Tomas P.

I had the complete race kit with K & N airfilter, muffler and race ECU installed day one by the dealer.

I just want to keep up with my friends and have an easier to ride bike.

For instance, out on the track while test riding a Ducati ST3 which doesn't have much more power, I could leave the bike in 3rd year all the way around the track, the extra RPM and a little extra power went a long way towards increasing my satistfaction. Then I made the mistaked of riding the Ducati 999 around the track. What a revalation! I could do the same thing, keep the bike in third gear and go as slow as the 35 mph corners with good power all the way to 130 mph on the back straight.

This same track had me shifting from 2nd to 3rd to 4th on the Buell and still being left behind.

I want Buell to suceed. I love a lot of other things about it. But, I don't want to be left behind by my friends because of a lack of power.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2007, 08:28 AM   #42
Islandcomm
Registered Member

Default Re: 2007 Buell Lightning XB12STT

At the risk of starting a rumour, a dealer- connected guy here has suggested something very new is coming from Buell in July 07. Could just be wishful thinking, though. Don' cha' just love rumours....
Islandcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #43
gas_pig
Founding Member

I think of it as Uly light. I would be very tempted if they made XB9 version. It might snag sales from the CityX though.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #44
barko1
Founding Member

Nothing to see here, just move along.
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #45
ksquid
Banned

Default Buell is missing a great opportunity.

If tiny Ducati, KTM and Aprilia can build a twin to your liking. Harley and Buell either have or can buy the engineering talent to make the engine that would complete the package. Right now with the falling dollar which means Buells will be cheaper in Europe. Buell and HD are missing a great opportunity. I still say that if HD had the guts to give Erik everything he wants they could sell many more Buells.. Your bike is great looking and handles awesome..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #46
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Buell has really BECOME Harley...

Agreed. Hey you should read gbrummett's Race Kit post. I think you had the same critique of the Buells engine power delivery awhile back..
Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #47
maladg
Registered Member

Default more econ 301 from the squid? Say it ain't so!

And yet the worldwide ocean of capital continues to flow in to the improperly managed (according to you) USA unabated. I wonder what they know that you don't? (they DO have $$ to invest and you have a new dinette)

Why not go ahead and re-educate us on trade deficits? I tediously await your amazing insights with past due-date baited breath.

Also please re-educate us on how Dubya is "managing" (oh, SORRY - MIS-managing) the economy. I'm sure the stock, bond, commodity & currency traders, central bankers, investors, venture capitalists, business owners, small town thrift institution managers, , board members, etc, won't be playing much of a role in your "re-education" syllabus -and, if they care to note, seemingly have no role in your worldview. No, your syllabiac (sorry!) playbook only has the "shrub is stupid" play...blah, blah, blah...

And tell us again about the great Clinton & Rubin (aka "Bucket Shop Bob") "boom" and how it is so different from the 10 years of boom that preceded it and the 6 years of boom that has followed it - during which we added a China equivalent to our GDP.

Please, go back to discussing the rise of the V-4 and the concurrent fall of the V-twin. That "localized Weltanschauung" (sorry again, MOrons - I couldn't resist the call of excessive gasbaggery!!) is SO much more fun!!

THE BLOVIATOR HAS SPOKEN MANY WORDS!

THE BLOVIATOR HAD CHILI FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT - BETTER OUT THAN IN!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #48
ksquid
Banned

Default Defending Honda.. i.e. no comparison

A new CBR 600RR this year.. lots of R&D in that bike. Also Honda's models are very different than each other and they rev their sportbikes every 3 years and their other bikes 4-5... Buell just has one bike with a couple of different frames and engines. Put a fairing and clip-ons you have a Firebolt.. Put a bar and tiny fairing you have a Lightning
Old 01-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #49
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: more econ 301 from the squid? Say it ain't so!

That was so much fun to type that MO ought to pay me to subscribe - and not post!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #50
ksquid
Banned

Default I love Buells.

Before I rebut I want to say I love Buells cause they are different and I think they will appeal to Europeans. if they have a better engine.

Read more

Also

Click here

And this one

OK I shouldn't have done this sorry Gabe but malag said some things that just aren't true...Remember W is charging up the bill on Uncle Sam's credit card, just a matter of time till the shyt hits the fan.