Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #101
conchscooter
Founding Member

Default Re: 2007 Buell Lightning XB12STT

Buell's don't do much for a man with a 28-inch inseam.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #102
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Atlanta via nowhere.

I guess, seeing as how you're ignoring actual questions there.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #103
dan_fitzgerald
Registered Member

I think this is what (my) CityX should have been to start. a little more travel, a little more wheelbase.

I love them all and if I had a 19" front for a Uly, that would be The One True Bike for me. I have a BMW with ABS, and I like it, God help me I do like it. But honestly the Buell front brakes are good enough that even in the hands of a modestly (I am braggin' here) skilled rider you do not REALLY need the ABS. I have tested this.. more than once. 'Nuf said on that.

A little fabrication (Buell are you listening?) to make luggage a possibility and you have a darn fine sport tourer. Wind schmind, if I wanted the coverage of a 'Wing or an RT I would buy one.

2005 Buell XB9SX
1977 Honda CB550K
dan_fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #104
staff
Registered Member

Default No You Don't!

I rode the XBRR with that fearsome 150hp motor, and while it was fun on the track for a while, it's nowhere near a street motor! Read the story: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbuell...up/index.motml

Insane! I think that 1200 motor is perfect for a street or trackbike. Although 120hp would be perfect-er...

-Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #105
Dixit
Registered Member

One other thing about Buell power: It seems that the early 2004 models made around 92 HP depending on the dyno, but all the more recent 2005-06 models seem to make at least 5 HP less than that (+/- 86 HP). Sport Rider magazine pointed out a year ago that the latest Buells made more power with the top cover removed. Still Buell claims that all its 1200 engines make 103 HP.
Dixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #106
manalagi001
Registered Member

Putting side number plates on this bike and calling it a TT is like wearing branded leathers and calling yourself a professional racer. It's disappointingly superficial. Pitiful really. I can appreciate the seat and geometry changes but these are tiny modifications to a niche that was apty covered by all the other Buell models, just as many others have said.

I thought Buells were about handlling and smart engineering (engine excepted), not style over substance. This model just sends a warning: Fake! Insincere! Superficial! Etc.

I still love the older models though. I'm not a Buell hater. They are minimalist and bad-ass.
manalagi001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #107
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, the entity that is KSquid is not real. He slipped a few news items back when he was talking about my house and how much I make. Only 2 people at MO have ever seen my house, and he wasn't one of them, so I'd say he let the cat out of the bag on that one. Certainly, even the best con artist will slip if you listen closely, and he did. There is no KSquid as you know him. He's somebody playing a game here.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 AM   #108
seruzawa
The Toad

He ignores the fact that his posts are basically identical. It's either delusional prediction garbage, GPTB maunderings or whining about Buell's "improper" (whatever that means) engine.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:05 AM   #109
seruzawa
The Toad

So, who's the schiz?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:14 AM   #110
jbourne
Founding Member

Default Re: Its not the power, but the power BAND...

Valves need checking about every 18000 miles or so by recollection - but they don't necessarily need reshimming every time (shim under bucket on the SV). Its not quite as bad as a desmo ...
jbourne is offline   Reply With Quote