Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #11
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Re: Choppertown DVD Review

Let me know when they start making good bikes... you know with maybe some rear suspention?

Didn't the whole custom bike thing start out by taking a bike and modifying it to be less standard more purpose made for one task or another? (crusing, cafe racing etc.)

Back when all bikes were standards?

What's the purpose of a chopper? I see the apeal of making a stripped beautifully made motorcycle. The thing I don't understand is why give that motorcycle a high rake, a old heavy engine, horrible ground clearence, no rear suspention etc. ?

Why not make one that's a pretty bare bones stripped down bike that still handles well? Like TZ / RD400 's you see ? (TZ250, 350 with a RD400 engine in it)

Or a tigercraft framed single?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
ewinslow
Registered Member

Thanks for the review.

How about for your next review give us the lowdown on "The Doctor, The Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid"? Now that would be something closer to all our hearts.

ewinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #13
staff
Registered Member

Default Thanks!

I Googled "Paco Frames" and came up with very little, but I just put it in there anyway. Thanks very much for pointing that out.

-Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
pdad13
Founding Member

Thank the good lord that the chopper craze is going out with a whimper. At the IMS, there were more than a few long-faced "custom" builders and a noticeably shrinking presence.

Some ***** in her underwear spread-eagle on the seat of one of those things drew a modest and equally *****y crowd, but that was about it. Even OCC decided not to show up this year.

Hey, but you could have gotten a used Dee Synder-owned chopper for the cut-rate price of something like $56,000 (marked down from $79,000). I didn't see any takers.

I probably won't be seeking out this movie, but at least it sounds like the subjects weren't attempting to rob people blind...at least not for motorcycles.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #15
findangle
Founding Member

Thanks.. My first bike.. friend of a friend put it together and he passed it on to me when i decided to learn to ride.. used to look like this..
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #16
Neal
Founding Member

Its brings back the days when if you were wrenching on your scoot on a saturday you could count on a bud or two dropping buy to "help"(if not wrenching, at least drinking your beer). And if your stuff was running for a change,you could drop by someone else's place ..guaranteed someone was wrenching on a bike or jalopy. Now I do most of my wrenching alone...no one ever drops by unless I call for help. And if I drop by a buddys house he's more likely to be cutting grass. My son and his Bud's are a little like the old days, but their bikes are newer and more reliable and they arent working on em much. The old bikes we had may have been junk,but we had a lot of fun learning to work on em. Young riders today have it a lot better, but I think they are also missing something. Nice to see some younger guys are keeping the old hot rod thing alive.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #17
mitctho
Registered Member

Your ride looks sweet! I can't ID the donor bike. Some sort of single cylinder machine?
mitctho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:41 PM   #18
mitctho
Registered Member

Ahh, a 'real biker' has spoken. All those who are not 'real', please fade into the woodwork now.
mitctho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #19
ratso4744
Founding Member

Thompson ends the book with an indictment of the angels who he realizes are just a bunch of sociopaths and misfits.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:27 AM   #20
maladg
Registered Member

Gee, what a disappointment - nary a hot Zombie Chick in sight.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote