Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Victory is Ours! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/4232-victory-ours.html)

steven_1 01-19-2007 03:09 AM

Re: Victory is Ours!

Boy, yes sir that sure is, ah, ya it's a, different! Yup sure is different. Can it fly?

drmfreeman 01-19-2007 03:12 AM

Interesting design; at least they kept the engine visigle, as it's the prettiest part of the bike

HowFasf 01-19-2007 03:17 AM

"Ugly" does not begin to capture the horror of this beast. They will sell tons of them.

allbikesbiker 01-19-2007 03:21 AM

the red one isn't too ugly.

too many pointy protuberances!

round off the points on the rear of the bike a little and it'll be barely nice to look at.

BrowningBAR 01-19-2007 03:22 AM

Man, I don't know about that design. The interesting thing is that the bike looks MUCH better in the video provided than in the stills. Which, hopefully is a good sign for Victory

It looks big and heavy in the stills, but the video makes it seem much smaller and more appealing. That back end has a very odd look sitting still, though.

It's like they tried to combine a sports tourer with a cruiser tourer. Which I think is a good thing to reach for, but I don't know if they succeeded as I didn't see anything on lean angle and power.

I didn't see a price in the article, but I'd wager it is quite north of 20 grand. Maybe north of 25.

I like Victories line and I hope this works for them, but I'm just wondering how many people will dig the look since I think it is still designed to be a cruiser as far as performance goes.

HelterSkelter 01-19-2007 03:27 AM

My eyes!

Quick pass the eye bleach.

Apparently all the designers that BMW rejects are readily picked up by Victory.

pdad13 01-19-2007 03:32 AM

Seruzawa beat me to the Emperor Ming refererence so I won't go there.

I'll give Victory credit for moving a bit outside of their comfort zone. And there are some good styling elements to be seen. But the rear end/bags are way over the top and well into the silly zone. The riding position is certainly not to my liking, either.

What really worries me is that when you remove all of the body work and electrogizmos there is probably just a fairly standard Victory cruiser under there. Maybe not such a departure? I guess we'll find out.

Were they playing Queen at the unveiling? (Okay, so I went there.)

IceWorm 01-19-2007 03:32 AM

Jumped the Shark, really? I doubt Fonzie would be caught dead on the bike.

Buzglyd 01-19-2007 03:34 AM

If you loved the Pontiac Aztek, you're going to love this baby.

I really like the looks of Victory's other bikes but oi! I guess I'll need to see one in person.

The rider is going to need to wear earplugs; not to drown out the noise but to drown out the laughter.

sarnali2 01-19-2007 03:48 AM

(snork) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..ahem, that's pretty cool,(snork) no, really........ I see where you started with the 8 Ball, which is a nice looking bike and (ahem..) "enhanced" it...

ha h ha ha ha ..(sorry), good job...(snork)...

On the plus side the tail light arrangment leaves me feeling aroused.....