Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #181
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Victory is Ours!

Oddly enough, shipping is available for a small fee. Would you like it shipped in-crate unassembled or re-crated assembled. You'll save a whopping $250 set-up fee. Remember, you pay taxes at home so no need to calculate that in my sales price. Can I interest you in an extended vehicle service contract or a great road side assistance program that includes tire and wheel protection?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #182
acecycleins
Founding Member

Funny how Piaggio spent all this money on Guzzi and the dealer network is just an after-thought to them. I really like this bikes, too.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #183
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Especially if it's pronounced properly.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #184
anrajala
Founding Member

We both know you won´t be buying one because you like the traditional design. That doesn´t make you a worse person, quite the contrary: you represent the majority. Majority as in "ordinary".

But even you´d be hard pressed to say that the average school of desing for V2 market is not already well attended for.

Or not. Maybe I´m wrong. Maybe Victory should have taken the run-of-the-mill course. Maybe there are not enough common V2s out there. Make an another copy to fill the depressing void.

I will not buy one because Victory is not selling in Argentina where I live now, and they don´t sell in Finland where I am moving very soon(unfortunately for the fabulous malbec and the bife de chorizo out of this world, and, Buenos Asses is not called that without a reason).

Another reason is that I am a cruiser guy but how could you know. Its only been several years that I have signed my every mail

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #185
redlegduke
Founding Member

Default Re: VUGLY is Yours!!!!

These hideous creatures are beyond UGLY and beyond FUGLY. I christen them VUGLY. They look like Arlen Ness meets "Plastic Molders Gone Wild" . . . The designers must have been on some weird Art Deco LSD and cut loose with modelers clay and cheap wine.

I was very much looking forward to a serious Victory tourer ala BMW R RT but just walking up to this thing would have me barfin, too sick to ride. Unbelievable!! How could they get the styling so wrong??
redlegduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #186
kk01
Founding Member

I saw the bike yesterday at the International Motorcycle Show in NYC. I sat on it and played with it a bit. The side saddlebags are tiny despite the size of the covers on the outside. The trunk holds 2 full face helmets.

It was comfortable but the feet forward position is TOO far forward.

I don't think it will seel it looks great with all the PLASTIC, but it has no functional properties. If you want function you need to look at Honda or BMW touring rigs.

KK
kk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #187
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Milk, it does a Body REAL DAMN GOOD!

What?! You wanna piece O' Me?!!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:30 AM   #188
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Really?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #189
ericrosten
Founding Member

The designers and engineers seemed pretty sure of themselves juding by the video posted within the article. Hope they're not booed down when the pudding gets proof. Sounds like they think that this is the zenith time in the market to get a corner where no one else is. I honestly hope that doesn't bruise their credibility in the market, but I don't like a two-wheeled car, I want a motorcycle!!
ericrosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #190
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Saw them today

Okay, I might actually be the first person here to see these things in the flesh. I attended the IMS show in New York today and the first booth to the right of the main entrance was Victory.

They do look better in person...but not much. I only had a cursory look but they do seem to be well put together. A quick peek under the fairing seemed to show that there's actually a new chassis, although I couldn't see all that much. Seems like it's some kind of aluminum frame that runs over the engine and has no front down tubes. As someone mentioned, there isn't a traditional fuel tank.

As expected, they are huge. To my eyes, Victory has gone a bit too goofy in the styling department. I love the idea that they're trying to be fresh, but they seemed to have missed the mark here. Time to retire Arlen Ness.

On a positive note, the Ducati booth was the star of the show. The 1098 is brilliant; the Supermoto rocks; and we got to see the Desmosedici up close.

Kawi had the new ZX-6r, which was really nice and the Concours 14, which looked pretty good, too. Not to mention Rickey Gadson and another guy that would be very familar to the MO tribe.

Honda...yawn...
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote