Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-20-2007, 05:12 AM   #161
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I call BS

Polaris Industries is hurting because of serious quality problems with their snowmobiles and ATVs. They experience over twice the repair need of other brands. Polaris has never been able to overcome its US auto industry attitude that selling cheap crap is profitable. It is likely to go under completely if they can't turn around their quality issues. Even if they do it takes time to replace the buyers who have been burned.

Their motorcycle division is a miniscule part of Polaris. It could succeed and still go bankrupt because of the other lines of junk.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2007, 05:44 AM   #162
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Just one look and ...

I'm damn glad I decided to go with a Kawasaki Versys for my next bike. With bags, fluids and myself all included, it will come to less than half the weight of this monstrosity from Victory, have a better range, and will be a hell of a lot more fun to ride when you finally stop somewhere and set up camp. With the 20K I'll have saved, too, I'll be able to actually afford a few trips, too. There is a point where you just knuckle under a buy a car and the people interested in this type of bike are pressing the line, IMO.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #163
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Victory is Ours!

Think Willie G has stopped laughing yet?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #164
acecycleins
Founding Member

Anyone here read raptorsandrockets.com?

Tor is a good journalist and has a pretty good article he submitted to his blog.

http://raptorsandrockets.com/News/2008/2008_Victory.htm

There's more to the design than you can see. Tanks are actually in the fairing. The bike is setup with an ABS future and more.

It's suddenly not as bad as it first seemed. Remember the original V92 was pretty ugly, too and people still bought it.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 AM   #165
vette405
Registered Member

The 1st pictures I saw of the bike I thought were terrible........But after going to the Victory website and looking at some different photos of the Vision Tour and the Vision Street.I think the bikes are pretty sharp and definetly different.I look forward to seeing them in person!!
vette405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 AM   #166
seruzawa
The Toad

Default On third thought:

Don't be too quick to count this monstrosity out. Remember that Honda eventually did sell all those Runes. Polaris doesn't have to sell many... a few hundred is probably the target. Heck, Victory only sells less than 8K bikes total each year. Last spring the Victorys were flying off the showroom floor at the local Victory dealer. He sold them all out within a couple of weeks and had to beg Polaris for a couple of examples to keep in the shop.

Look at all those RUBs coughing up $35K for freaking deathtrap choppers. This isn't much more outlandish than many of those. Add a couple of nice angel wings to the rear boxes and you can glide down the road with Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries" blaring at everyone. Who could pass that up?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:45 AM   #167
earthspirit60
Registered Member

I will buy one if it has more power than the standard cruisers. If it uses the same engine and tuning as the Vegas and the Hammer, it will be an expensive dealer floor ornament. I was about to buy a Guzzi Norge until I saw this beauty. Now I will wait on the engine specs (and Guzzi to solve the dip-stick problem...) before I chose what I buy...
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #168
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

It can be innovative as hell but if it's still ugly as a mud fence it's going to gather lots of dust in the showrooms.

I think overall Victory's are pretty nice bikes, but I wouldn't buy one. If I wanted a cruiser I'd buy a Triumph Speedmaster or another Harley.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:50 AM   #169
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: On third thought:

well, me.....

The 8 ball looks cool, other than that........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:52 AM   #170
earthspirit60
Registered Member

Someone has to push the envelope, and it will never be Harley Davidson. They are simply a very successful producer of the "Same ol thing". That must get real boring for Harleys "designers"

You can be absolutely sure H. D. will copy it if it sells! Hummmm, maybe H. D. will add some fringe for RUB street cred!
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote