Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #91
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Tiered Licensing - A Counterpoint

In MOST place you cannot lease scuba gear without a diver's certification- period>

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #92
acecycleins
Founding Member

Should be set up based on crank hp. The first tier should be under the 30hp mark for us BIG is better Americans. Then bump it in 30 hp increments. At least, 3 levels. Boom- you're done.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #93
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Tiered Licensing - A Counter Counterpoint

Actually the energy that must be absorbed/transfered in a crash varies with the square of the velocity. Thus the energy that must be absorbed going 90 is 2.25 times that of going 60. If the rider is doing 120 mph the energy is 4 times that of a rider going 60.... i.e. Speed kills
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #94
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Excellent Counterpoint.

Yep I agree with you.. your idea makes better sense.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #95
Neal
Founding Member

Passage of the above seven laws would devastate the motorcycle industry in this country and cost the AMA significant membership and industry support, thereby reducing their clout and influence in pursuing more reasonable strategies.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #96
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I only missed it by about 10 hours. Not too bad. He must have seen an intelligent conversation going on without him, and decided to f&ck it all up by speaking. Don't worry, he was moderating in the background the whole time.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #97
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It won't mess anything up for him. He doesn't ride anyway. We are still waiting on the picture of him standing by his bike.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #98
acecycleins
Founding Member

Only in America- Personal responsibility is an agreed upon position. But being personably responsible does NOTHING for victims of the "stupid".

We are a Nation of Laws- rule of law is how we are raised. Laws (as stupid as some are) are there for the masses (of a$$es) that cannot take it upon themselves to do the right thing.

If we Must institute laws in order to protect the populus (sp?) it might as well have a benefit. If tier licensing is the answer then so be it. If mandatory traininng is the answer then so be it. But in the end a combination of both will only introduce safer (more readied) riders into the mix.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #99
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I'd really like to set it up that none of us respond to him or even mention his name.

I just think it sucks that every time MO has a good thread going he goes in throwing insults and being a douche.

The above post is the first time I actually responded to him this month and yet he still thinks I'm bashing him.

Too bad you can't set the tread up like outlook and just have it go right into a junk mail category.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #100
eddyline
Founding Member

Agreed, Mark.

However--the Fed also said(in the blurb that I read about this) that unless there were sufficient matching funds, the study would not get ANY Federal funds...thereby excusing them from spending *any* of our yearly 'donations' on the study. Slick, huh? I wish I could get away with that:

Fed: "Sir, you only paid $300 in income tax last year. You must cut a check for the rest."

Me: "Well, since you didn't match any of my funds to meet my expenses last year, I excused myself from paying any of yours."

Heh.
eddyline is offline   Reply With Quote