Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
priday
Founding Member

Default Re: Stay on the Gas!

First!

Well done. As always, a pleasure to read.

Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
orcyclist
Founding Member

Nice article. Having a different question is frequently a good thing. I bought a 2006 R6 after listening to my riding buddies dire predictions of "unrideable on the street" Nope, as you describe it, it is at home there too. Although it is a total blast to ride at a track day. Makes this old slow guy feel like a real rider. Confidence is what it's about (apparently).
Old 01-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

The Derbi review, Euro Naked comparo, Boss Hoss, and now the ZX-6R...in the first 15 days of the New Year.

I think a certain Motorcycle site got a big bag of coke for Christmas...

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
ksquid
Banned

Default Excellent Review

Fun read Pete...You are developing a great writing style.. Heck I was watching 24 but I had to finish your piece... your enthusiasm was contagious I am glad Kawasaki fixed the all the problems I saw with the 06. You pointed out all the ones I knew about and a few more I didn't.. Great to know that the best value in the motorcycle world (the 600 cc Super sport) is still getting better.. heck because of its superior handling, braking and performance is probably one of the safest bikes out there*

Maybe I should just trade in the 01...so many choices..

[i]

*kpaul says, "sportbikes if driven within the traffic laws are safer than any other motorcycle.". i.e. better to avoid an accident with a great handling bike with superior brakes and acceleration.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #5
priday
Founding Member

Default Stay on the Gas! (Oh, is that what they call it these days....?)

Nah more like a medium sized bag of Meth.....

Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
ksquid
Banned

Agreed these guys (MO) are on a roll..
Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
ksquid
Banned

"Makes this old slow guy feel like a real rider. Confidence is what it's about (apparently)."

You nailed it.. After riding a couple of other types of bikes (cruisers and standards) I got back on my old 01 Ninja and I felt I was flying a fighter jet vs a Cessana 172 that the other bikes were.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Thanks for the "Inside the 6R" shots of the cutaway bike, AND the "machinists buffet-table". I absolutely loved it.

I love cutaways. Ever since I constructed one at a company I used to work for, I have a serious appreciation for the hard-work that goes into making one look passable, let alone stop-and-stare-would-you-F'n-lookit-THAT! kind of good.

I really miss those types of pics, haven't seen anything much like them since the demise of Cycle magazine.

I also have to say the Staff of MO are really gettin' it all together. Being compared to Cycle is a Good Thing™. -- In its day, it was the best Motorcycling Magazine out there. Period.

Goodonya, [i][b]MO.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I didn't even read the article but I did have a nice Borrego shank and ranch beans, plus refried beans and a bunch of Negra Modela's for dinner.....

staying on the gas my friends, is not an issue, oddly enough, my sqeeze decided to stay at her crib tonight............

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
Marin_Cycleworks
Registered Member

"Event horizon?"

"Event horizon?"

You keep using this term. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Steely Dan is not one person. We get fringe benefits, not French benefits, it's not the Leaning Tower of Pizza, and James Dean was an actor—Jimmy Dean makes sausages.

And an event horizon - in general relativity, event horizon is a general term for a boundary in spacetime, defined with respect to an observer, beyond which events cannot affect the observer. Light emitted beyond the horizon can never reach the observer, and anything that passes through the horizon from the observer's side is never seen again. A black hole is surrounded by an event horizon, for example.

In other words, it doesn't have anything to do with improvements in motorcycles. Sheesh.
Marin_Cycleworks is offline   Reply With Quote