Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #11
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Re: Stay on the Gas!

Nice... but I for one would like to see them MORE racer friendly...

Where are the lowers that can hold oil as required by many race orgs? Where are the fairings held on by clips and zeus faseners? Were are the tails big enough for some proper race numbers?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2007, 11:41 PM   #12
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Somehow, I didn't think you were old enough to know what Cycle was all about. They gave you numbers and theory and let you come to your own conclusions. It's hard to find a publication nowadays that you can sincerely think of as respecting their readers. You can tell by how they 'dumb down' the whole article, and make it all about Style or Tech Numbers.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #13
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Are you God? Seriously, people like you scare the hell out of me. I buy a cheap digital watch every now and then, and read the instructions on how to set the time.

The next time Daylight Savings comes into play, I have, inevitably, lost the instructions for changing the time, so I just go buy another cheap watch. (Stock tip--buy Timex).
Old 01-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #14
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Excellent Review

Dear Great Satan--I take your point, but the Faceless Bean Counters tell a different story. The CRX and the Civic had the same platform, but very different numbers, as far as the Insurance Companies are concerned. The difference is in how the two vehicles are used. The Civic was purchased by people looking for solid, dependable vehicles, transportation from point A to point B The CRX was a pariah almost immediately. The difference is in how they were used, not so much about how they performed. That's why minivans score so well in total fatalities, even though they are, uh, dynamically challenged.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:20 AM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

You guys are surely on afterburn-er right now. SO, the new owners of MO are actually making you work, huh? Keep this stuff up and there will be too many threads at one time for us poor MOrons to keep up. Glad to see it. Keep the great writing flowing and readership will go throught the roof this year boys.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:00 AM   #16
maladg
Registered Member

Default H1-R

Thanks for the nice photo of the Kaw H1-R. Brings back great memories for me. I was on a hiatus from my undergrad days (like Zonker, my sophomore year was the best 3 years of my life) and working at the Kaw SE Distribution Center. H1-R's were current racetrack bikes, Cook and Phil were busy birthing Ole Blue, men were men and clothes were awkward. Ahh, the 70's! And a time or two, I got to pick H1-R parts and pack 'em to sent to Kevin Cameron and the Tubby Tuners...

I suppose I worry a bit about bikes getting faster and impending regulation. Pete is right to worry. The bad news is that looks like the fastness is irrelevant. We may be entering a longer term political cycle where regulations & taxes spiral upwards. Once implemented, almost impossible to undo without civilians resorting to muskets, pitchforks & hangin' rope.

maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:35 AM   #17
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Race style street fairings?

No one runs on the track with stock plastic. If you're that hardcore, you're probably going to pull the lights and run a race fairing anyways, right? Plus, if you put Dzus fasteners on a street fairing, don't you think your lower is going to walk off on its own the first dark evening you park in the city?

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:38 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh yes, that glorious time of year when all those proud owners of 2006 sportbikes are relegated to the back benches at the Burger Barn.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:40 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Excellent Review

Why bother? The initial idiot claim that sportbikes are inherently safer then, say naked standards, is so fecklessly ignorant that any response to such impenetrable obtuseness is pointless.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:51 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Default My apologies

I didn't start out the day in a bad mood but I'm being forced to read stuff like this today:

"Requirements management, in conjunction with the design process, is an iterative

process at each level of the system structure, and is applied recursively to lower tiers of the

functional and physical architectures throughout development and verification. The need for

disciplined requirements management holds true whether for a new system, a modification, or a

change in operations, maintenance, or supply. The objective is to ensure that the technical

requirements derived from the customer-designated capabilities are feasible, balanced, effective

and verifiable, as well as updated as more information is learned about the requirements and

interfaces through analysis, demonstration, or operation. Modification programs and changes in

use, operating environment, maintenance, or support activities, all require the same rigorous

requirements management process."

Isn't middle management a wonderful thing? Are there anyone out there who can speak or write plain English?