Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Three Naked Euros

For some reason the words, "This is my brother-in-law, Kpaul." don't flow off my tongue real easily.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #12
nesbit
Founding Member

Attn: MO Staff. Nice article, but to quote from the R1200 portion of article - - - - "like Harley Davidson's newly redesigned Sportster motors" - - - . Well, either that test was buried in the minutia amd I missed it, or more likely, you folks did not deem the 2006 / 1st EFI Sportsters worthy of testing and reporting on to your subscriber base. Was I the only one who noticed? Quite disappointed!
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #13
Loki22302
Founding Member

Default Wait until you test the Brutale 910R

The '06 R version is by far the most insane streetfighter available. A nice touch was the full race exhaust system packed along with each bike sold. Actually, M.V. dragged their heels and sent the exhausts about five months after delivering the bikes.

I ride mine almost daily. You MUST have a smooth throttle hand. I get a big, goofy, grin every time I ride it.

BTW, the trick with resetting and/or changing the Brutale's digital display is to hold down the starter button WHILE the motor is running for four seconds. It is a pain to use, but after a while the technique becomes second nature.

Loki22302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Insert "Why didn't you include ________ here."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
jasonlion54
Founding Member

Ha! I drive by Purdy all the time, and let me tell ya, the females there are far from "Purdy"!

Ditto on the morons driving in the snow.

As for the brakes, you are correct on the rear wheel lockup thing. If you release it wrong you could highside. That said, I've locked mine up plenty of times, and with the proper countersteer and body position, you can get it to hook up without too much drama. For instance, I commute in Seattle, and it's always wet. I've been on the freeway in the middle of a downshift when traffic in front of me stopped. I gave a little bit of rear brake and alot of front (good) and then let go of the clutch too fast (bad). So now the rear wheel is sliding and I'm doing about 50 mph with the proverbial soccer mom in an SUV bearing down behind me. Skidding all the way to a stop is not an option. Just my two cents.
jasonlion54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #16
schizuki
Founding Member

"Good thing I got the new all seasons on all four wheels."

Yeah, I can see getting away with that in the Pacific NW. But if you live somewhere where it snows regularly, nothing beats a steel-wheel-and-snow-tire package. Pop 'em on in October and off in April. Run summer tires on pimpy rims the rest of the year.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #17
ksquid
Banned

Yep I agree that's what we exactly did in Colorado.. Studded Snows all the way around or least on the drive wheels. We never used chains cause you would be taking them on and off all the time. People here in Seattle think chains are the cat's meow.. Most of the people from the east side of WA like Spokane do studs and not chains.. i.e they get it.. ...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #18
ksquid
Banned

Default The 80/20 rule

Remember the 80/20 rule of management. 80% of your time is spent on 20% of your hard to handle people in this case I am sure alot more than 80% who read it liked it.. the other 20% (probably al ot less) would find always find something to whine about... I like MOs reviews cause you guys sound like you had fun and they aren't so mechanical i.e dry...Fox's M109 line was funny... Maybe you guys can do all 600 Supersports vs the M109 or Sport Tourers versus the M109 I think everyone gets a woody about the 109 cause it's in those Suzuki SUV ads I think .and a chick is riding it. [b] Opps I said too much and I surpassed my nightly quota of posts allocated by seruzawa . It's a snowy night in Seattle and I am bored and the Sonics suck..

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Three Naked Euros

Hey, I've got an '07 Tuono that looks just like the one on test. And the MOrons got it right; it's ridiculous V-twin lunacy in a surprisingly livable package.

Problem is, every ride starts out with "oh, this time won't be like the last time. This time I'll behave." And then twenty minutes later you're power wheelieing over little rises in the road.

In the words of the immortal fnfalman: "The Tuono is like James Bond. Cool and easy one minute, kick ass the next."
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #20
staff
Registered Member

Default Stoppies

I don't think the suspension would, but the ABS sure would make it a challenge!

-Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote