Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2007, 04:22 AM   #51
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Drummers

The problem is that we had a Stonehenge monument that was in danger of being trod upon by a dwarf.

(BTW, that's based on an incident that happened to Black Sabbath.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #52
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Derbi Mulhacen First Ride Report

I agree. Being out in farm land with rolling hills I deal mostly with 2 lane twisty back roads.

They are a blast to ride but seem to make very little sense in terms of buying a larger displacement bike.

I really think a single like this, a Bonneville/Scrambler, or a smaller light sportbike (ex250 or the odd 250cc version of the SV) would be fantastic around here.

I would still like something with longer legs when going longer distances.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:12 AM   #53
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That's why you wear the little fez and we wear the big ones.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:49 AM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: euro perspective

Just tax the rich! But first you have to find them. They have a funny habit of disappearing to another country when you try.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:53 AM   #55
OhioSteve
Founding Member

There are a number of motorcycle companies that import a few hundred bikes each year to the US, and do not have a real dealer network. Let's assume for the moment that you have the expertise to maintain the bike yourself, or you know I private mechanic that can do the work. There is still one huge problem: obtaining parts and technical specifications. I have heard several horror stories about owners waiting for MONTHS for a part.

The best thing Derbi could do to make me a potential customer would be to guarantee delivery of parts via Fed Ex. I buy motorcycles to ride them. I ride almost every day Mar-Nov, and I won't tolerate waiting for parts.

As for the bike itself...it sounds fantastic! I ride in tight urban spaces (although I cannot lane split in Ohio). It would be great fun to have such a nimble little steed. Plus, the mileage on singles is usually good.
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #56
pdad13
Founding Member

Default I'd like to pose a practical question...

...are we going to do Stonehenge tomorrow night?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #57
pdad13
Founding Member

Yes, there is still much to learn, grasshopper.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #58
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I thought my daily commute through the city from 65th and ravenna to queen anne and denny was bad in the rain. You're riding all the way from down there to seattle and back daily in this weather? At least you get the carpool lane I guess. Small favours.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #59
Rforre
Founding Member

This bike would be great for city riding in congested urban areas like SF, but overall I don't see much of a market for small bikes like this in the US
Rforre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #60
acecycleins
Founding Member

Yossef, great write up. Question is: Why would Debri choose this set-up in the motor. Airbox aside, the Raptor 660 ATV motor is worth almost 60 hp from what I understand. Even with the airbox problem, Derbi could get 55 hp or so out of it, right? Just wondering outloud here.......