Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2007, 12:47 AM   #41
dfo
Registered Member

Default Re: Derbi Mulhacen First Ride Report

Very interesting looking bike; having had 2 (mediocore) FT 500s, an SR 500 + Suzook 400SM I do miss having a light, quick, gr8 handling street single. Of course the 2 FTs didn't really qualify by those standards yet I put over 19K mostly enjoyable miles on my first one.

If the price were competitive (@ $7K max) and dealers were availible that would sure be a bike I would seriously consider adding to my lil stable. One of these would really be a nice counterpoint to my '06 FJR 1300A and '04 1200R which are the two bikes that get the most use out of my 17. DFO
dfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2007, 02:55 AM   #42
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Weather has been in the 40's mostly and I rode to work every day this week. Looks like it won't last long, as next week looks worse. Still not bad for January.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 AM   #43
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

You really ought to keep stuff like that to yourself, my daily commute is 75 miles...

50 miles barely covers from your house out to South Praire, Orting, back to Lake Tapps and home. I do that a couple of nights a week just to keep the battery (mine) charged. The weathers been so sh*tty between monsoon or snow and ice I've been driving to work instead of riding for the last month or so.

This winter has been totally f*cked, weather wise, it hasn't been this crappy for years.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:46 AM   #44
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: euro perspective

Out of curiosity, how dos it compare to the Triumph Scrambler? I don't mean price, this seems to be a much more advanced design and all but in riding fun and utility how do you think they compare.

I agree, smaller, lighter bikes are a kick in the butt to ride

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:47 AM   #45
seruzawa
The Toad

The Rockies start just east of Salt Lake City with a very high elevation gain. Loads of peaks mean that when we do get a storm the Wasatch Front does give us a dump. We get different storm fronts than Denver, a bit warmer too. Our storms tend to come through between the Cascades and the Calif Sierras. Many times we get a storm and Denver doesn't and vice versa. The two cities are about 500 miles apart after all.

A friend of mine at work was a weather forcaster for the USAF for 20 years and can tell me more about the weather than I ever want to hear.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

I feel so bad now that I know that Colorado's mountains are a bit higher than Utah's. Boohoohoohoo.

Hey, wait a second. That makes Nepal the greatest country on earth! China second! Then India. Then South America. Maybe the @sshole will move to one of those places.

P.S. Notice that the less well experienced around here are falling for Kook's pretended improved behavior. Man are they in for it.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:05 AM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, I built a small heated cubby in my garage. I just go out there on Football Sundays and watch my little 13" TV and press away. By the end of the season I'm set for the year. My Dad was a big reloading nut and he left a couple thousand .30-06 brass laying around. More than I'll ever shoot. Heck if I want to I can use his old gear to cast most of my bullets if I want to. That, however I'm far too lazy to do.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:11 AM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Drummers

It wasn't a globule. It was more of a stain.

Another one choked on vomit. It wasn't his own vomit. We'll never know because one can't dust for vomit.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:13 AM   #49
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: euro perspective

Well "free" healthcare and 6 weeks of paid vacation has to cost something.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:18 AM   #50
schizuki
Founding Member

There are definite Kook learning curves. I'm a step behind you and Buz, who have correctly noted that the best way to drive him hilariously insane is to avoid direct engagement.

I hipped to the "I promise I'll be better" and "I'm going away" schticks long ago, though.

He seems to put a lot of stock into height lately. Your mountains are smaller than Colorado's, I'm two inches shorter than he is, that kind of thing. Weird. Anyway, I guess I'll go back to sleep.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote